Chapter 4

Written during #blizzard2016. You'll get this if you live on the east coast. The news is crazy. lol. I hope you guys like this. As I said it was written during the snow storm so I got to write with my hot chocolate and fuzzy socks on. :) I'll just stop and let you guys read it's short but it's way early.

_

Ruby POV

"Uh. My head." I gripped my head rubbing the base of my hands over my eye balls as if it could clear the pain.

"Here take these." Pain medication was thrust in front of my face.

"Thanks," I swallowed the pills dry before looking around the rest of the room. I didn't recognize it then my eyes fell upon the speaker, "How'd I get here Rhett?" His room was surprisingly clean, dark blue walls clashed with the black duvet, and white pillows, a dresser and a bookshelf was the only other things in his room.

"You were drunk. Your ride left, I took you home before you embarrassed yourself."

"Embarrassed myself?"

"You may or may not have been dancing like a whore."

"Jesus." I groaned into my hands, why did I decide it would be a good idea to drink?

"And there's more." I nodded my head as an affirmative to go ahead, I mean how could it get worse? "You left with me. I don't usually leave with girls" he scratched the back of his head, "Dylan texted me earlier, people think we hooked up, he wanted conformation."

"So what does that mean?"

"I don't sleep around it doesn't happen, and now guys are gonna think of you as an easy target, the running rumor is that I staked my claim on you."

"But you didn't."

"Would you like to explain that to a town that already hates me?"

"So what your saying is they think were friends with benefits?"

"Yea, but that still makes you look like a whore you just got here."

"And your plan?" I asked falling backwards on to the bed.

"You didn't plan on a summer fling did you?"

"No. I didn't but you usually don't plan those."

"I think I have a solution to our problem though, it's not that bad." He closed his eyes and pressed his palms into his face. "We have a fake relationship."

I looked at him really looked at him. His features were sharp and strong, he was well built there was no doubt about that, he carried himself as if he was aware of his surroundings and didn't have the holier than thou attitude. As for his tattoos I knew he possessed, my mother wouldn't approve but she was just a plain old bitch. What did she know?

"I'm in. But, no PDA." I walked up to the bookshelf hoping to find out what genre he liked. "So you like romance?" I turned around with the book in hand shocked at my findings.

    "Have you ever read them?" he plopped on his bed folding his hands behind his head looking absolutely handsome.

"No," I shrugged, "I don't like them. I prefer mysteries ."

"Shocking." He straight faced, "Toss it." He held his hands up and I threw it. He opened the book and started thrumming through the pages.

"You're going to read to me?" I asked incredulously.

"Yes, now hush." He cleared his throat like an old fat librarian would before reading to a group of children, "I could not believe she was here before me, the girl of my dreams, laying before me," I closed my eyes to the sound of his voice, the husky low natural tone of it flowing with each syllable, not nearly paying attention to the words until... "I pressed my hardness into her-"

"Whoa buddy I think were good, no need to read the rest of that." I blushed, did he seriously just try to read sex to me?

"Is Ruby scared of smut?" he mocked me. "Surprising for how you were last night, but trust me it's better than a porno, the feelings are in it, sometimes it's better than real sex, but they have to be amazing smutters to do that." I felt my face go beet red, "Can you imagine that? Reading something that's better than sex Kitten?" please be a rhetorical question. "Ruby, can you?"

"I wouldn't know." I muttered into my hands. This was the Callie conversation all over again.

"What do you mean you wouldn't know?" he put the book down. "Princess?"

"I uh," I looked all around the room avoiding his attention, "have no experience with the male gender what so ever."

"You're a virgin?" He sounded surprised, I looked back at him to find his eyebrows kittened together a smirk playing at his lips, "huh, never would have guessed that."

"Hey!" I slapped his leg, "I'm not a slut!"

"I don't mean it like that. I'm just surprised is all, no guys ever tried to get into your pants, or did you just deny them?"

"I don't understand your question."

"Did guys at least try to make a move on you and you just didn't put out or?"

"I never was offered, if that's what you're asking."

"Were the guys at your school gay?" I slapped him on his leg.

"Rhett that's uncalled for."

"Can you blame me?" He smirked, "I mean if I had been a player in high school I would have tried to tap that. Multiple times."

"Rhett!"

"I'm just saying."

"You are a very different person from the awkward boy at the marina."

"I wasn't awkward. I just didn't know you."

"And you know me now?"

"Did you know you talk in your sleep?" I felt the heat rise on my face, "Very interesting actually, you said a lot, something about your crazy aunt, then there was something about you killing Callie and then my personal favorite, the hottie at the marina."

"What exactly happened last night?" I squeaked out, I wouldn't doubt I said that, I mean it was running through my head all day.

"Well you got smashed, danced like there was invisible pole beside you, I saved you but only after you made comments about 'little Rhett' and then you sleep talked in my truck, and the whole time I was trying to sleep last night-"

"We slept together?" I had never in my life shared a bed with a guy besides my cousin Vin who was two.

"You say that like it's a bad thing." He winked then glanced at his watch, "look it's ten to five I gotta go to Don's do you want to stay here until I get back in at nine or I could take you with me I don't have time to drop you off."

"Where are you going?"

"Tuna fishing? You go to the marina almost every day and didn't know it was called Don's?"

"No I didn't. I'll just find someone to take me home, it's-"

"No stay we have to discuss our fake relationship anyway, foods in the fridge I already put mine and Dylan's numbers in your phone." He explained grabbing board shorts smiling sheepishly at me, "Unless you want to see 'little Rhett' cover your eyes." My hands automatically covered my eyes, "You're so innocent." I heard rustling and then I felt his hands on my wrists prying them from my eyes, before he kissed my forehead, "I'll see you later kitten." And then he was bolting from the room.

"Hey I said no PDA!"

"That wasn't public princess." And then the door closed.

Time to investigate.