Chapter 10

Hey guyys!! Long time no see! i decided i was going to put my main focus on this book because it was my first and the one that truly is like my baby. updates are going to be slow because im updating as i go and there is no schedule (there could be two in a day and then five days later) i hope you guys are enjoying your summer/winter(based on where you live lol) Love you guys and keep on reading!

Ruby POV

I rolled over into the warmth behind me trying to stay away from the cold air blowing on my body. Rhett had stolen the covers, again, and I had no idea where he kept blankets.

I shrugged more into his body seeking warmth, I was still in that half-asleep half-awake state so it didn't register to turn the ceiling fan off. Rhett's arm lulled across my midsection and he pulled me into his chest, the jerk was sweating, here I am freezing cold and shaking and he is sweating.

Throwing caution to the wind I yanked the blanket out of his grasp and rolled over burrito style so he couldn't steal it back. I hope he gets cold now.

But he just draped his arm around my stomach again and pulled me into him. His soft pants were hitting the back of my neck and I was content, until Rhett started shaking, I sighed and gave him some of the blanket, only to get pulled farther back into his chest to the point that I could feel everything of his front molded to my back.

And by everything, I meant everything. The hard muscles of his stomach, the soft breaths fanning my neck, and of course his erection that had been there all night.

At first it had been uncomfortable, but then it didn't even matter, it was something that happened with boys while they were sleeping I guess... and I wanted some sleep.

Now that I think about it, I haven't called Aunt Peggy in a while. I craned my head up to see around Rhett to the alarm clock on the table, 7:45 a.m. Way too early for that. I turned myself around in Rhett's python like hold, his face was intriguing to me, the way his features were soft but chiseled, easily gruff looking. A result of a man who worked in the elements. He had day old scruff growing on his chin and jaw leading up to his ears, if a man was beautiful it would be Rhett.

I trailed his features with my finger tip starting a path down the bridge of his nose working towards that small space of curvature between the bottom of the nose to the crest of the lips, tracing the seem to his jaw line and tucked my hand behind the base of his neck entwining my fingers in the soft hairs resting there.

His lips seemed so inviting, the way they had a pink plumpness to them, they looked soft, really just as soft as they were. I realized that I wanted to kiss him. The thought seemed so inviting. I brought my other hand up to his lips and traced them. I was content. For the first time in my life, I was content.

Without warning Rhett's hand came up and he cupped the base of my neck before pulling my lips to his. I immediately responded molding my lips to his, it was a sweet kiss one full of compassion. He rolled me onto my back, him on top of me fitted against my frame, covering me. It was a shell of Rhett, a world with just me and him.

He pulled away first, smiling at me, "Morning Kitten." He nuzzled his face into my neck before dragging his teeth down the coulomb followed by his tongue lapping away the sting. I gasped.

I gasped awake sitting straight up. What the hell was that!

I looked down to the sleeping Rhett, it was just a dream. A dream that I wanted desperately to become a reality. But that was the thing, I couldn't let it, I was going to college in the fall, knowing my mother it wouldn't be anywhere near Seabrook, so why start a relationship with someone. Even if it was Rhett.