Chapter 5

His whole "beach house" I guess you could call it was clean. The living room, dining room and kitchen were all connected, then a small hallway lead to the bedroom and a separate bathroom.

The walls were all dark colors, like he was afraid of getting them dirty, but it also blended in with the bachelor pad look the place had going.

His attitude this morning was what really caught me as off, he hasn't acted consistent once since I had met him. He was an awkward jerk at the marina, even though I know he didn't mean it, apparently a hero last night and then this morning he was a dorky laughing sexual kid. Not gonna lie though when he did little things like scratch his neck or stretch out his arms or do that half smile I thought my insides were gonna mush.

I checked the clock again for the third time it was seven thirty, he still had an hour and a half plus before he would get back. I have half a mind to go back to bed but I don't know if that's weird or not considering the fact that I barely know him.

Fuck it. His bed was comfy anyway.

Rhett's POV.

"Hey Don I got one to weigh in, be there in fifteen minutes." I radioed in to the old crazy donkey.

"A-OK Rhett, how's the old girl running today?" The heavy New York accent still carried with him even though he moved here from the city over thirty years ago when he discovered he loved fish more than people.

"Besides the norm, she's golden." Mary Lee, my dad's tuna boat he gave me before the whole ordeal went down was old. Besides the occasional hose busting or once the engine caught on fire, she was the best thing I could have asked my old man for.

The fish practically came to us this morning. By us it would be Dylan and me small for a "crew" but we got work done that way.

Dylan was truly my only friend for as long as I could remember. I was the kid that was obsessed with the water, craved it really, it defined me. The beautiful strength it possessed is so interesting to me I could help be drawn to it. As odd as that sounds for a beach town not a ton of kids liked the water, they liked the beach and the surf, not the open water. And Dylan who is a crazy fucker, didn't listen to the warnings when he moved here, plopped himself into my life like it was the most normal thing in the world, and he became my best friend.

And I hope he can help me out with my plans.

Don's marina wasn't busy ever, the old man liked the quieter side of life. In fact I know he turned away some kid from a slip one day because he heard the kid liked to party.

"So what do we have today Mr. Rhett?" the old man clattered as he tossed the rope down to me to get the tuna out of the boat.

"A regular." I grunted out as Dylan helped me secure the loop around the tail, "thanks bro."

"He's good sized boys don't doubt yourselves, you're a great pair." He adjusted a few buttons on the scale before relaying the final weight, "328.34, just hope the meats well and you'll have yourself a good payday."

"Can you just write mine off Don I gotta go, I got something I gotta take care of waiting for me at home." I smiled thinking of the beaut waiting for me, possibly in my bed.

"Would this have anything to do with Ruby?" Dylan piped up from the cab of the boat.

"Maybe." I replied climbing off the boat and onto the dock.

"A girl? Rhett's got a girl and this is the first I'm hearing about it?" Don shook his head, "Boy I better meet her soon or I'll be putting all your fish money in my vacation cup."

"Don't get your hopes up Don she's not mine, just helping her out some. I'll see ya later boys." I did a small two finger wave as I walked through the gravel lot to my old truck, yet another inheritance.

"Time to get back to Ruby." I muttered to myself, turning the engine over.

She had absorbed my thoughts all morning, every wave that lulled past the boat was a wave from her hair, the messiness of it this morning almost pulling me back into bed with her just to lay there, although if she had suggested other things I wouldn't have denied her. Hell she was a virgin, that alone this morning had made my affections for this girl I barely knew skyrocket. She was like a newborn completely and utterly innocent, surprising for the way she kept on referring to my dick last night – but then there was the way she cuddled up against me last night, unknowingly tracing patterns with her fingertips keeping me stirring in my pants all night last night resisting the urge to just roll her over and have my way with her.

But then again now I knew that she was innocent, and no matter how far I read into things and how innocently tempting she was there would be no way I would take her unless I was absolutely completely one thousand percent sure she wouldn't regret it.

But I will have her, I thought to myself, slow and steady, then fast and hard, show her how a man can make her feel.

I pulled into my driveway happy. A new feeling for me, there was someone on the other side of that door that I was coming home to. I liked the feeling. I killed the truck and slipped out the door with a new urge to make the best of everything happening right now.

"Ruby." I called opening my door. I dropped my keys on the counter before reaching over to grab a water out of the fridge. When no one replied I walked back towards my bedroom, "Ruby?" I opened my door to find the beautiful girl asleep wrapped in my blanket the fan on full blast still from last night.

I pulled my board shorts and shirt off seeing as they were now covered in salt and pulled on fresh boxers and shorts before climbing in with her. I pulled her into me, molding her back to my front and placed a kiss to the back of her head. She fit perfectly like a puzzle, like she was made to be there. Because she was, made for me, that is, she was everything I liked everything I ever wanted, and she was here, and I was going to make her mine. And with that last thought I fell into a deep slumber.