Chapter 12: Then Everything Went Black

I like this. I like the three thin lines but I'm adding another set of three lines just below the right knee.

"I bet he's only with you for sex. I bet even that sucks."

"Shut the fuck up, Heather!

"But, baby. We belong together, come on I'm so much better than her." She sneered at the end.

I hate Wednesdays. It's like the week is laughing at me and smugly saying, "nah, you still have shit to do."

"Miss Dosger!" I growled. I hate walking in on this shit. Logan was standing just behind me with all the papers we graded together over the weekend. It was a lot and he offered to help me bring them in. Which of course, I took him up on.

She jumped back at the surprise. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked her.

"Dr. Lancaster, I'm just having a simple conversation with Seb, here." She tried to act innocent.

"Sit down!" I growled to everyone.

As everyone scrambled to their seats Logan asked, "where do you want these, love." I smiled at him, my mood completely changed.

"On the counter over there, I'll sort it out later." He happily obliged.

"Hey, Logan." Rachel waved from her new seat that the boys made her move to. Right smack in the center of them.

"Hey Rachel," He smiled at her gently. He turned back to me when he finished putting the things down. "I'll send the car for you guys after school, I have that meeting we talked about to go to with Michael and Mason so I won't be back to the penthouse until later." He leaned in to kiss me.

"Okay, bye." I smiled at him and walked him out.

I turned back to the class to be faced with a mixture of expressions. Dreamy sighs from most girls, awe from the guys, a few stares and glares. Seriously, it's like being back in high school.

Wait, I am in high school. Well, teaching at it.

"Okay, let's get started." I interrupted their thoughts.

"Wait! Logan Ryder's your mate?"

"Yep." I sighed and started writing on the board the first problem for the lesson.

"He's so dreamy, your so lucky." I laughed at the young girl's sigh.

"I am." I nodded and wrote the next problem on the side.

"What's he like?" I laughed and finally stopped and turned to look at the mess of students tentatively watching me for an answer.

"Guys, my personal life-"

"Just walked through the door in a hot, rich, and irresistible package." I stopped for a minute. This is so going to fuel his ego.

"Okay fine," I smiled, "What do you want to know?"

"What's it like having a beloved?" Asked a boy who was a vampire.

"Well, across all the races it's different. But the basics are the same. It's love at first sight." I shrugged. "Not all are going to be fairy tales mind you. I've never heard of a story where two soulmates just run into each other's arms and they lived happily ever after. It's a lot of hard work and commitment to make a loving relationship with your soulmate work."

"How did you meet your spark?" A girl fire elemental asked.

I laughed, "I was on a run in the woods, I saw his wolf across the river and I froze in surprise because that was the last place and time I woud ever expect to find him. He came over to me and we both realized we were mates." I bit my lip, "then I ran."