Please Be Mine (Fiyero x Reader)

Word count 1260
*Your POV* Requested by @gotta-go-to-Glisson
I hope you like it
You smile as you see Fiyero by your side. You never would have dreamed being out here with him now. Always being the quiet girl didn't make you noticeable compared to Galinda, or now Glinda, but something happened when your hands touched and eyes met that one day. He made you feel worth something and loved, unlike everyone else.

Fiyero invited you to come with him to go to a small meadow where he had a blanket set out for you two, so you two could lay and look at the moon and stars together. Along with the stars and moon, you can see the Emerald City shining brightly in the distance. You still don't know why Fiyero invited you here, but you try to not think of it as you take in the beautiful sights.

"Y/N," you hear Fiyero say.

You turn and look at him. "Yes, Fiyero," you says.

"You're probably wondering why I invited you out here," he says.

"Yeah, I am," you say, honestly.

"I invited you out here because I want to tell you something," he says.

"And what do you want to tell me," you ask.

"You remember the day when we had the lion in that cage," he asks.

"Of course, I do," you say. That was the day you began to have feelings for Fiyero.

You grabbed the cage and ran out with Fiyero right behind you. The poor lion in the cage was trembling in fear. Fiyero came up next to you to see if the animal was okay. And as he went to move the covering over the cage, your hands touched. Even though you both immediately pulled your hands away the second they touched, you couldn't help, but blush a little. After a moment of silence, you looked at him to see him also looking at you. That's when Fiyero offered to take the lion somewhere where it could be freed, you agreed saying that it was a  good idea. As he kneeled to pick up the cage, you turned and your eyes met. And before you knew what you were doing, your hand was on his cheek and you were leaning closer to him. Fiyero was also leaning in, but just before your lips touched a loud yell rang through the air, causing you both to pull back immediately.

"Well, I have been thinking about that day a lot," Fiyero says, pulling you from the memory.

"I have too," you admit.

"And it made me realize that, I like you a lot," Fiyero says, looking into your E/C eyes.

You feel your heart skip a beat in happiness. You always hoped he would like you, since you began to have feelings for him as well. "I like you a lot as well," you say, looking back into his eyes.

You see a smile spread across Fiyero's face as he leans closer to you. You can't help, but lean in as well as your eyes flutter shut. A moment later, you feel a pair of lips gently press against your own. You bring your hand up to his cheek as his arms wrap around you torso. Your lips curl into a smile as you kiss him back.

Happiness courses through you as he gently pulls away and places his forehead to yours. "Wow," Fiyero says.

You smile. "Yeah," you say. "That's the right word ." You then lean in and press your lips to his again.

Time Skip
"Fiyero," you yell as you run through a corn field. You have no idea where he is, so you have been searching all over Oz for him. He wasn't at the Emerald City, which is where he works, or anywhere in the forest so you are beginning to get nervous. "Fiyero," you call out again.

You then mentally slap yourself. "Why would he be in a corn field," you mumble to yourself. "Because I'm desperate." As you turn to leave, you suddenly hear a soft voice call your name. "Y/N," the voice says. That voice, it's Fiyero's.

Turning, you begin to run towards the voice. "Fiyero," you call out. You look all around you as you run until you come to an open part of the field. Turning around, you try looking for him, but all you see is a scarecrow. "Where are you," you yell, hoping Fiyero can hear you.

"Right here," you hear Fiyero say from behind you. Quickly turning around, you only see the scarecrow.

You scrunch our eyebrows confused. Why would he trick you right now? "Now is not the time for jokes," you say with an irritated sigh.

"I'm not tricking you though," you hear the scarecrow say in Fiyero's voice. Wait!

Did that scarecrow just sound like Fiyero?! Did it just talk?! You take a cautious step towards the scarecrow. "Fiyero," you ask in a timid voice.

You watch the scarecrow blink and look at you. "Y/N," it says with the same voice as Fiyero.

Your eyes fill with tears as you take his hay covered hand in your own. "What happened," you ask. "Why are you a scarecrow?"

"I was trying to help Elphaba escape and the other guards saw me as a traitor so they decided to make me a scarecrow," he says. You gasp and put a hand over your mouth.

"That was almost a week ago," you exclaim. "You've been up there for almost a week!"

"It's been that long," he says, eyes wide with surprise.

All you can do is nod. "I have to get you down from there," you say.

"They nailed me to this post, so maybe try to get the nail out from the back of the post," he says.

You nod and go behind the post. Three nail are poking out from the back of the wooden post. You begin to look for something to help you get the nails out. Your eyes come across a rock and you pick it up since its the only useful thing in the field. After a few minutes of using the rock, you are able to get the nails out.

Fiyero instantly falls to the ground once all the nails are out. Once you hear him fall, you rush to his side and help him stand. "Are you alright," you ask, worried.

"I'm much better now," he says, turning his head so he can look at you.

You smile at him. "I'm so happy I found you," you say. "I never thought I would find you again."

"I always had faith you would find me," he says, causing your cheeks to grow pink.

"And I finally did," you say before placing quick kiss on his lips.

Fiyero smiles before looking into your eyes. "Please don't leave me alone," he says, sounding a little scared

You look at him, confused and a little hurt he would say that. "Why would I leave you," you ask.

"Because I'm an ugly scarecrow now, not a human," he says, looking down.

You put a hand under his chin and gently push his head up, so he's looking at you. "You're not ugly, just a little different," you say, causing him to chuckle. Then getting serious again, you say, "I am never going to leave you. As long as you will be mine and never leave me, I will be true and stay by your side."

Fiyero smiles. "I can do that," he says. "All I ever wanted was for you to be mine."