Don't Do It (Philip Hamilton x Reader)

Word count 6,035
For FictionReading_215

"George," you whine as you walk with him into the theater.

"What is it, (y/n)," George asks as he turns and looks at you.

"I don't want to see this show," you say, crossing your arms over your chest. "I have already seen it and I did not enjoy it the first time."

"Well I have not seen it," George says. "And you know the deal, it is either this show or you head home and continue with sewing lessons."

You shudder at the thought of those cursed lessons. For some odd reason, you always manage to prick your fingers with the needle at least.....ten times. "Fine," you puff.

George smiles. "Come on, lets get our seats," he says. You couldn't help but smile a little as you followed him.

George was always a good older brother to you. Always looking out for you and making sure you were okay. He has been away from home a lot more recently and it made you sad, but you knew that he was old enough to be by himself. But that means you were left home with your mother, who was determined to make you into the perfect wife.

She taught you how to do everything, like cleaning, cooking, taking care of children, and the worst one, sewing. The only problem is that you didn't know if you wanted to get married. Every man you have meet has been either to arrogant or too stupid for you to handle. Plus having George as an older brother makes it hard to find someone.

"Ah, here we are," George says, pulling you from your thoughts.

"Lovely," you say sarcastically as you sit down in the seats. George had always loved the theater, so that means whenever he sees a show, he buys a box so he won't be distracted by anyone else talking. You also enjoy shows, but for some reason you didn't like this one, but if it meant being with your brother it was worth it.

"Hey," George says once you two are sitting. "I'm glad you're here."

You smile. "Me too," you say. "It would better if we were watching a different show." George laughs before you continue. "But I'm glad I get to spend more time with you."

Just then the curtain rises, meaning the show is about to start. George gives you another smile before turning his attention to the performers. You zone out as the show starts, since you've already seen it. Your mind just wanders about many different subjects, but all the subjects are related to what you want for yourself in the future.

You knew that you would be forced to marry someone in the future. The man would probably be a rich politician or governor, since George was close to some, but you really didn't want to be in an arranged marriage, but, knowing your parents, you would be. More than anything, you wanted to marry for love; find a man who made you feel loved and make you smile, and it didn't matter if he was the richest or poorest man, if he meant to be with you, you would accept him.  

"George," you hear an unfamiliar voice say, which pulls you from your thoughts, mixed with George shushing. "George!" This causes you to turn around, annoyed that someone wants to see your brother. Once you turn around, your eyes widen at the sight.

You see a boy, who looks about twenty maybe a year younger, with long curly black hair. His skin is tan with dark freckles that cover his cheeks. He is wearing a white shirt with a blue waistcoat and black pants. But the most prominent feature were his beautiful brown eyes; they caught your attention almost immediately. You wondered why this man was here, but the angry look on his face meant he was mad at my brother.