Touch Me, Trust Me, Savor Each Sensation (Erik x Blind!Reader)

You are happily sitting in a chair, the Braille letters gently tickling your fingers, as you wait for your mother to come help you get ready for bed. This was the schedule every night; read until mother came in to help you get ready for bed, say goodnight, and then go to sleep. It's monotonous and you hate it. You hate being so dependent on your mother, hate being a burden, but most of all, hate the fact that you are blind.

You weren't blind by choice. When you were young, you got into a severe accident while playing with some of the ballet dancers outside the Opera Populaire where your mother, the ballet instructor Madame Giry, taught. As a child, it didn't bother you as much as one would expect since childhood innocence makes light out of every situation. As you grew older however, insecurities and anger for this disability came out against your will and would consume your thoughts. The thoughts stayed in your mind, never giving you a moment of peace, and you hate it.

"Y/n," you hear a gentle voice say, pulling you back to reality.

You gently shake your head, marking your place in the book you are reading before gently closing it. "Meg," you question. "Why are you here?"

"Mother wanted to me to help you get ready for bed," you hear your sister's gentle voice say as it mixes with the gentle creaking of the wooden floor as she approaches you. "She's helping one of the new dancers work on her pliés."

"That sounds like mother," you say with a small smile as you feel the book being taken out of your lap before hearing the gentle thud of the book being set down. "Always wanting to be sure that everything is perfect," you add as you cautiously stand up.

"You're right about that," you hear Meg say with a soft giggle. "Now, turn around so I can help you get in your nightgown."

You obey and turn around. You feel a gentle pressure on your back before it softens as the warm fabric of your dress loosens. The fabric slowly begins to slide down your body, gently brushing your skin as Meg finishes undoing the buttons. A moment later, the pressure leaves your back and you know that all the buttons are unbuttoned. You step out of the dress as the cool air in the room gently nips at your warm skin, causing you to shiver a little. But a moment later, you feel the warm fabric of your nightgown on your skin.

"Arms up," you hear Meg say. You smile as you raise your arms up. Warm fabric slowly begins to envelope your body and a moment later, you feel your nightgown against your legs.

"Thanks for helping me," you say with a soft smile once you feel the warm nightgown completely covering you.

You feel something warm gently take one of your hands. "I'm happy that I could help," you hear Meg say. "Now, let me help you get in bed."

You give Meg's hand a gentle and loving squeeze before letting her lead you over to your bed, but as you walk you begin to think. You feel the cool wood under your feet as you walk, hear the gentle creaking of the boards mixes with the soft gusts of wind outside your window, and smell the gentle, flowery scent of Meg's perfume. Is this all you'll experience? The same touches, sounds, and smells for the rest of your life.

You hear the sound of blankets being moved around before the same warm hand gently guides you to the edge of your bed. With hands in front, you feel the firm edge of your bed and gently turn and sit down before moving your legs so that you were laying down. Once laying down, you hear the blankets shift again before feeling warmth cover your body.