A Soft Side (Erik Destler x Reader)

Word count 2286
Requested by @Zoe253
Sorry it took a while for me to write

You quietly lay in your bed as you listen to the soft breathing of the other sleeping ballerina dancers. No matter how hard you tried, you could not fall asleep. Normally, you didn't have this problem, but tonight it seemed like your body refused to go to sleep. You try to think of anything to help you fall asleep, but nothing comes to mind, except one thing.

You slowly sit up and slip out of your bed, careful to not make a sound. You quietly slip on your white robe and pink ballet slippers, since they are the closest and quietest shoes you own, and tiptoe out of the room. Once out of the room, you begin to make your way through the dark hallways towards Carlotta's dressing room.

You have to walk slowly since the hallway is pitch black and you forgot to get a candle. So after a few minutes of slowly navigating your way through the hallways to come up to the dressing room door. You put your hand on the cold, metal doorknob and slowly turn it to the right, opening the large wooden door. The door doesn't make a sound as you open it and once the door is completely open, you slip inside the dressing room and close the door behind you.

Once the door is closed, you turn and look around in the large room. The room is filled with the hundreds of costumes and outfits Carlotta goes through every day, her vanity is covered in the many wigs and makeup she uses, as well as a spray she has for her voice, and the walls are covered in a dark pink wallpaper and large portraits of Carlotta. You softly snicker at the sight of the portraits before walking towards the large mirror with the golden frame. While to many people it looks like it is only a mirror, to you, you know that their is more to it.

Once in front of the mirror, you can't help but look at your appearance. Your h/l h/c hair is slightly messy since you were laying down and small bags rest under you e/c eyes. Your white robe is covering most of the f/c nightgown you have on and only shows the ends of your pink ballet slippers. You raise a s/c hand and try to smooth down your hair, so you look a little more presentable before taking a deep breath and sliding the mirror to the side, which reveals the entrance to the catacombs. You cautiously walk into catacombs before turning around and closing the mirror, leaving you alone in the catacombs.

Turning back around, you begin the walk through the catacombs, so you can see your angel of music, or as you call him, Erik Destler. You have known Erik for almost two years now. You meet when you first moved into the Paris Opera House. Your parents saw how good of a dancer you were and decided to send you to Paris so you could become a famous dancer. But, while you loved dancing, your true passion was singing, but, not wanting to disappoint your parents, you agreed to go. Once you got there, you immediately became the outcast, since you were new and everyone else had been there already for many years. So being the outcast meant you were alone most of the time and with that alone time, you would quietly sing to yourself, but little did you know that someone was listening.

One day, while you were singing, you heard a voice, almost angelic sounding. The voice asked you if you would like to receive singing lessons so I could become a better singer. You accepted, maybe a little too fast, but regardless of that, you unknowingly changed your life. From that day forward, you received a voice lesson every night and for a year, you received singing lessons only hearing the angelic voice of, what you though was, an angel. Until that one night......

*Flashback*
You sang the last note of the song with all the passion you had left and once the note was finished, you heard the sound of clapping. "Brava," you heard your angel say. "Brava. I must say y/n, you have greatly improved over the past year."

You feel your cheeks get warm as a smile spreads across your face. "Thank you, angel," you say, happily.

"In fact," you hear him continue. "I am so impressed, I think it is time for you to meet me in person."