That Would Be Enough (Alexander Hamilton x Reader)

Word Count 917
Requested by @clara_pink
I highly recommend you listen to the song above while you read this :) Enjoy!
"When will these two just admit their feelings for each other," you groan as you turn the page of The Taming of the Shrew. You feel a light thud in your stomach, causing you to smile. Looking down at your eight month pregnant belly, you gently rub the spot where you felt the kicking.

"I'm sorry," you whisper to your belly. "I know you don't like it when mommy gets upset while reading, but sometimes it's hard not to. Maybe once you're old enough, you'll love reading, just like your mommy does." You had always loved reading and it was a good way to keep you entertained until Angelica or all your sisters came to see you.

Ever since the suspected pregnancy, Eliza and Peggy visited you almost everyday, while Angelica always made sure to come everyday, no matter what she had planned that day. You were grateful for your sisters, you didn't know how you would have survived this pregnancy without them. Between all your mood swings, odd food cravings, and morning sickness, your sisters were always there ready to help.

And although you loved your sisters and were beyond grateful for their help, you wished that your husband, Alexander, was here; to hold you if you were sad, or to come rushing into the living room with whatever weird foods you were craving, or just the two of you being together, maybe his head laying gently on your stomach while he talked to your unborn child.

You hear the front door open and you smile, quickly wiping a stray tear away. "Angelica," you call out. "Is that you?"

"Y/n," you hear an all too familiar voice say.

The book you're holding falls out of your hands and hits the wooden floor. Alexander. You stand up as fast as your pregnant self will allow so you can go to the front door. But once you stand and turn to walk to the front door, you see Alexander standing in the doorway of the living room, a bag over his shoulder.

You feel your eyes begin to fill with tears of joy. "Alexander," you say half sobbing with happiness as you walk as fast as you can towards him. Alexander drops the bag as he rushes over to you, gently pulling you into a hug. You feel tears stream down your face as you hug Alexander. "You're home," you sob into his shirt.

You feel Alexander gently rubbing your back. "I'm home," he says soothingly as you sob.

"I missed you so much," you say once your sobs had calmed down as you slowly pulled away.

"I've missed you too, my love," he says with a smile, his eyes also filled with tears. His eyes meet your for a second before they look down at your stomach. He cautiously lays a hand on your stomach.

"How long have you known," you hear Alexander say, barely audible.

"About a month," you say. "Maybe a little longer."

"What," Alexander says, looking back up at you as his hand leaves your stomach.

"I wrote to General Washington, asking him to send you home," you say, looking into Alexander eyes. "I knew you would fight until the war was over, but I wanted you to meet your son."

A small smile appeared on Alexander's face as he looked down, but it disappeared a second later. "Will you relish being a poor man's wife," he asks, his voice faltering in the middle. "Unable to provide for your life?"

You move your hand under Alexander's chin and gently move his head so he is looking at you. "I relish being your wife," you say, looking in his eyes. "I wouldn't change that for anything. I love you, Alexander."

You watch as a single tear slowly rolls down Alexander's cheek. You bring a hand up to Alexander's cheek and gently wipe it away. A small smile appears on Alexander's face as he looks back down at your stomach. "A son is what you said right," he says as he gets on his knees and places both of his hands gently on your stomach.

You smile down at him. "I think it's a boy, but all my sisters think its a girl," you say.

Alexander looks back up at you, a smile on his face. "I think its a boy as well," he says before looking back down and placing a soft kiss on your stomach, causing you to giggle. But at the same moment Alexander kisses your stomach, you feel the soft kicking of the baby.

Alexander's face pales a little as he looks back up at you with a worried expression. "What happened," he asks, his voice full of worry. "Are you alright?"

You can't help, but laugh a little at Alexander. "I'm perfectly fine," you say. "It was just the baby kicking. He must be happy to meet his father."

A little color returns back to Alexander's face as he looks back down at your stomach. "Hi there," you hear him say. "It's your dad. I can't wait to see you." You feel soft kicking in your stomach again. Your eyes fill with tears again as you look down as Alexander smiles again, a tear going down his cheek, before he continues. "Don't worry though. I'm never going to leave you, like my father. I'll always be around for you and your mother. I love you both so much."

You wipe away a tear that was sliding down your cheek as you smile. This moment would always be in your memory; You were never going to forget it.