Chapter 1:Meet Alex, Ella's Stepsister

Chapter 1: Meet Alex, Ella's stepsister

"My queen," said he.

"My Kit," she answered, staring at him lovingly.

And then they kissed?

Everyone cheered, including me. Ella finally found her happily ever after. She'll now be living at the palace, having the life she truly deserves. The jovial feeling suddenly sank down when I began thinking of how different things would be after this. Will I be left alone, on my own or will they banish me together with my mother and sister?

No. I can't live with the latter. I would rather live alone.

I know what people will ask me. Where am I as the story flows? To answer, I've been nowhere. I was her stepmother's third daughter, the youngest, and though mother loves me as much as she loves Drisella and Anastasia, there's still this gap between our mother-daughter relationship.

When I, as a child, first saw Ella, I felt a connection already. I was very excited to have her as my sister and she said she was delighted to have me,too. But then her father died and my mother started abusing her, treating her as a servant and not as her own daughter. As a child, I couldn't do anything so I just went and helped her do the chores.

Helping her made my mom hate me.

But it was all worth it.

-

-

"Oh, I'll be packing this up!" Ella exclaimed, showing me another old ragged dress and twirling it around. "It's one of my mother's. I would like to keep her memory with me."

"Hmm," I said, nodding my head. "But don't you think it's rather...er..." I trailed, not really knowing how to break it to her.

"Old?" she continued for me. I shut my mouth, not answering her. She sighed. "Well, I know it is but I think I'll be able to patch these holes up." The she laughed at my expression. "Alex, aren't you going to pack your things?"

I blinked. "Pack? For what?" My eyes widened in realization. "Oh no, Ella- please don't throw me out!"

She let out a giggle. "Throw you out? Silly dear, who said I'm going to throw you out? Why, you're coming with me to live at the palace, of course."

"What?"

"You are! Kit said so! Oh wait till you meet his brother, Clint! He's as charming as his brother." She swooned. I raised an eyebrow at her. She pushed me lightly, laughing, when she got my message. " For you, Alex! For you!"

If possible, I raised my eyebrow a lil bit higher. "Are you serious? Dude no!"

She shrugged, running her fingers on her shiny blonde hair. "Oh, I tried. But Alexandra, you're only thirteen, okay? You don't have to hurry up about growing up. Especially about love cause one finds it at a rightful time."

I laughed at her. "Ella, please. The only thing that'll make me hurry up about now is food. That's the only thing that can make me rush stuffs up. Food. Hey, I could write a book where I'll be venturing far towns and islands in search for a treasure chst full of edible goods and with that, I'm already satisfied with my life. There goes my happy ending."

"You," she tapped the tip of my nose. "- are a very funny girl."

"Well know you know that kindness isn't really everything, new queen." I exclaimed. "Make way for humour, everybody!"

-

-

The palace is huge. That's all I'm going to say. Oh wait, no. That not all I'm going to say. I'm just a tad bit lost for words, is all. So the palace really is huge and everything, every corner is dustless- not even sure if that's a word or not- but yeah, the hallways are wide and I think everything here is sparking. Or was it just my imagination?