Chapter 4: Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

"But last time I checked, I can call you Clifford, Clifford!" I retorted. His mouth twitched up forming a small smirk.

Kit furrowed his eyebrows and turned to his wife in confusion. "Clifford?" he asked. Poor royal highness, always confused, never really knowing what's going on. Then again, he's got other things to worry about so I don't blame the guy.

Ella shrugged. "No idea but how about we leave them to their little reunion for now, shall we?" She said softly before glancing at us, shooting us the sweet smile of hers before leading her family upstairs.

I turned to Clint who's quietly observing me and suddenly caught my eyes. I flashed him a shy smile before looking around. Anywhere but him. Well this is awkward. I sighed. Okay, I don't really like awkward. Nope, not one bit. "So...." I started.

"No need to be uncomfortable around me, love," he teased. "You can look at me, you know."

I lifted my gaze and found his. "Just so you know, we only known each other for two days before you ditched me for that school of yours, which I can totally understand no worries, so technically its okay to feel awkward. You can't blame mister!" I said as I pointed a finger at him. He didn't say anything but stare at me in amazement and so, huffing, I continued my ranting. "Dang it! Stop it with the silence thing! Okay here's the thing- I don't do awkward, all right? And I would truly madly deeply appreciate it if you try creating an interesting conversation during these kind of times. And-"

The next thing I know, I was cut off by him laughing. "Funny. Just the way I remembered."

"It seems that you've got a nice memory then," I grinned.

"I do," he chuckled. I smiled. How can someone produce a husky, adorable chuckle so perfectly? I mentally shook my head. No, no, no! This isn't right. "What happened to you? You okay?" Clint asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

Whoops, looks like I wasn't doing good with putting my actions mentally.

"Nothing," I answered quickly.

He nodded at me in a suspicious manner.

What's the matter, boy? You got a problem? Huh? Huh?

"Hm," I started, looking around and trying to create a new subject. "They really want us to catch up to each other, huh?"

Clint nodded in agreement after noticing that there's no one in that room but us. "Well, seems like it." He turned to me with that familiar smirk he's wearing. "Now come here and give me a hug already!," he said, opening his arms.

I shot him a glare and punched his arm playfully (earning an 'ouch' and a how-come-a-girl-can-punch-so-hard comment from him). I rolled my eyes before stating out a fact. "Still don't technically know you, stranger so no hugs. And shut it with the whining, I didn't punch you that hard." Lie. Punching is like my talent.

He rolled his eyes at me. "You are such a bully."

"I am?" I mocked. "Why are you letting me then?"

Before he could answer me, I quickly walked out of the room. He soon caught up with me. "And where are you going, may I ask?"

I looked at him. "I thought you heard me when I said that I'll be visiting York. That's your horse, by the way."

"Thanks for pointing out the obvious, girly," he said. I frowned at his lame nickname for me. Girly? Seriously? I may be a girl but I am not that kind of girl! He seemed to have noticed my annoyance seeing that he's now smirking at me in triumph. Bravo, found a way to piss me off, huh? "So girly, wanna visit the town?"