Chapter 2: See How Animals Adore Me

"Why ask me to come with you? Me of all people! I was asleep!" I whined. "I'm literally in pajamas right now!"

"I told you, didn't I? I wanted to hang out with you"

"This early in the morning?!"

"Hush, it's not that early, girly."

I glared at his back. "Girly? Where did that come from now? And are you hearing yourself? Even Ella, when she was still enslaved by my mother and sisters, doesn't wake up at this kind of time! When I said yes about the hang-out thing, I didn't think it would be this early."

He ignored my whining, intrigued by another thing. "Ella's enslaved by your mother and other sisters?"

"Apparently yes. They're that evil, just because Ella's not really a part of the family. Well, she is. Her father and my mother got married but when her father died, they began treating her like some servant."

He nodded, deep in thought. "So Ella isn't really your sister?"

"She's my step-sister so she's my sister. She's the only one who understands me there. Funny how we're not blood-related but our souls' are meant to be sisters," I told him. I paused and think about the thought with a smile. "Soul sisters. I like it." I shifted my gaze towards him who's looking at me, amazed. "You know, you still owe me for waking me up so early in the morning."

"Yeah, I know. Let out another tantrum and I'll leave you," he warned. "On your own." He added.

I grinned. "Oh really? Leave me, then. I know I'll be able to find my way back," I teased him. "On my own," I mocked some more.

He gaped at me, not expecting my answer. "Fine," he turned his back at me and started walking away. My eyes widened. I didn't know he would take it so seriously! I was only teasing him. It's not my fault, still I felt that it is. I groaned to myself. "Way to go, Alex, you angered him," I whispered before hurrying up to catch up with him.

"Hey," he ignored me. Well, considering the fact that I've been a whiny brat and that I teased him at his 'I'm not in the mood' time, I think I can understand what he's feeling right now.

I guess he thinks I'm too amazing for him.

"Hey!" I raised my voice. "Geez, for a prince, you sure are one heck of a drama queen."

"Excuse me?"

I clapped my hands together. "And he speaks, people! Throw some confetti and bring out the cake, we're gonna celebrate!"

He shook his head, "I'm not a drama queen."

"Shut up and eat your cake, Clifford."

"My name's not even Clifford! And there's no cake!"

I shrugged. "You look like a Clifford so you're a Clifford now. Been there, done that. No complaints allowed. Anyway, don't talk about cakes. I'm starving."

"But you-" "Hush, prince charming."

Clint laughed softly, shaking he's head. "You really are something else."

That somehow made me smile. "Glad you find me entertaining." I really am though even though I shouldn't be making a big deal about it. Everything became so quiet after that and almost all that I could hear is the gushing of the wind and noise made by crickets. I looked up to see the moon and stars still up.

Yup, five in the morning alright.

Or maybe a little more than that.

Let's just say five fifteen or something.