Chapter 5: Nice to Meet You Again, Clifford

Chapter 5: Nice to Meet you Again, Clifford

Sunshine and daisies, birds chirping and the sound of wind blowing swiftly. Indeed, it's already morning. Oh what wonderful morning!

Not.

Plot twist? Thunderstorms and lightning. That's what woke me up. Yep, wonderful. Sarcasm intended. Come to think of it, why wasn't I informed of the weather?

Groaning, I stood and walked towards the window. Just to see how stormy it was outside. I opened it and my eyes widened, dumbfounded, at the sight before me. Breathing heavily, I quickly closed my windows and smacked my hand on my forehead. What a stupid move!

It's not the lightning, thunder nor the strong wind. It was something worse than those thins combined. More terrifying.

I opened the door, deciding that telling the king about this is the best idea, and went out of my room. That's seriously one of the weirdest things to see especially in the morning. Taking a deep breath, I knocked at their door. Ella opened it and smiled when he saw me before welcoming me inside their room like some guest. Wanting to annoy her husband, I hastily jumped on their bed and hopped on it like a little kid. Ella laughed while Kit, who I guess is still sleeping, let out a tired grunt.

"Kit wake up!" I pushed. "The old and naked man is back again. I saw him from my window and he's getting weirder. He's dancing in the rain this time."

"It's also a mystery to me why he always comes here. I tried to talk to him, despite of his nakedness, but he doesn't seem to knock any sense." Ella said, confused.

That's Ella for you. Always the kind one. Anyway, am I the only one bothered by her statement? Man, what's wrong with my brain?

Kit shook his head. "What has happened to the society of the human beings?"

Cinderella (it feels awkward to say her full first name), who's already laying down beside him, hit his arm. "Don't say that! You're the king. Don't say rude things about your people and treat them well. Also you must resolve the problem."

He smiled and kissed Ella's cheek. "Always keep me going, don't you?" He winked at her and she giggled. Gross. I don't think I wanna stay here and know what that means. "I'll solve the issue but for now," he pulled her closer to him and they started cuddling.

I slowly backed away from the room to escape their sappiness and made my way to the kitchen. I love the kitchen. It's like my home. I sometimes got ideas to just sleep there so the thing that'll wake me up is the smell of food. My mornings will forever be happy.

On my way, guess who I stumbled at? Prince Jerky Face a.k.a. Clint. Woo-hoo. I've been ignoring him for a couple of days now. It's because of his actions while we're at the bakery. Really stupid. Just because I left him for a few seconds to have a nice conversation with Travis, he pulled me outside- questioning why I left him. It's not even a big deal! What's worse is that he insulted my bestfriend! I seriously didn't think he'll stoop that low.

I glared up at him and Clint looked away when he noticed me. He hesitated before looking at me straight in the eyes. "I'm sorry."

Clearly, I wasn't expecting that. I was more of waiting for a snide comment or something. I guess that's very rude of me to judge him quickly, huh?

Then again, this 'sorry' of him can also be just a prank.

I gaped at him, confused by his words. Clint smiled at me sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck. "Alex, all those things I said, didn't really mean it. I wasn't even thinking. I'm really sorry, Alex. I shouldn't have done that." I kept quiet, loss for words and also waiting for him to continue. Hesitantly, he did. "I was just scared, I think."