Chapter 3: The Prince is Back

I raised my hand to motion them to quiet down. "People of the universe, indeed the Earth is round and I tell you, we will conquer the world! We shall prove to man that we are humans, as well. We are living for a sense!"

My audience cheered for me. At least, I think they did.

"Here we go again," said he, shaking his head. "How are you going to prove the world that you're humans, too, when all your followers are animals?" Ah Travis, always putting his nose on stuffs he isn't involved at.

I just want to punch that nose of his so he'll bleed to death.

Technically speaking, he's with me. So no need for a punch I guess.

Then again, he's a baker and being him means food. To conclude, Travis is the way, the key rather, to a wonderful foodful life. Plus, he's super nice.

Or not.

"Duh, Mr. Baker, duh!"

He shrugged. "How's 'duh' going to help you prove something?"

"That's for me to know and for you to never found out," I stated, proud of myself.

"Well, I've expected this." I narrowed my eyes at him to ask what he means by that. He gave me a mischievous smirk. "Oh you know, with that brain of yours, it's quite obvious that you're gona answer something like that."

I shot him a glare. Who gives him the right to insult the gre/////////////////////////////////at and legendary Alex? "Well sorry mister I-have-an-oh-so-big-brain-which-makes-me-so-smart-not-really (long nickname, I tell you. Never try this at home) but a least I'm not like you who's brain is full of yeast, eggs, butter and flour!"

"And chocolate," he added nonchalantly, nodding his head.

"And chocolate!"

"See? My brain's delicious," he boasted. And when on earth did he have a chance to taste his own brain?!

I rolled my eyes at him. "Puh-lease! If I'm a zombie, I'll probably just walk right pass you."

Too harsh? Nah, I'm just being a good best friend. Besides, the boy started it!

His brown eyes went a bit of darker as he gaped at me. "Are you implying that I have no brain?"

Oooh, scary.

"Don't look at me like you're gonna kill me. You love me too much. And I'm not just implying something, I'm stating a fact. Now go away!" After that, I shoved him off and returned my attention to my lovable audience. "This is the start of the era where animals will become spies! We need to learn how to fight the bad guys. That will be our evidence on how we prove that animals are people, too! Oh wait, that doesn't even make any sense but, oh yeah!"

The pigs snorted, the cow moo-ed, the mice squeaked, the birds chirped, the chicken danced, the horse whined and the rooster went cock-a-doodle-doo.

They love me!

The door started rattling. Travis looked at me with his eyes widened in panic. "Oh no! He's here! What are we to do now?"

"Every man on their own!" he yelled and jumped out the window. Darn that kid! And I here I thought we're meant to be partners in crime. He's the peanut butter to my jelly and I don't even know if that really tastes delicious. How dare he leave me here! I looked at my followers with a pleading expression. "Can you guys hide me, please?"

The mice started squeaking and squeaking, pointing at something.

Great job guys, I can totally understand you. Sarcasm intended.