Chapter 6: Are We Friends?

Silver's P.O.V:
I hate this... watching everyone accept these bloodsucking demons. I had been on a thick brunch, up in a tree throughout the night. "You know that there is a bigger threat out there than vampires, right?" I turned to see the red hedgehog again. She was standing on a brunch that was behind me... how did she manage to get there without me knowing? It has been only one day, the sun slowly started to rise. "And yes if you really want to know, I am their strongest and was a mere mortal mobian when I defeated their King." I looked at her with shock.

"Are you serious?" She nodded to me.
"Don't worry, you heard me correctly." She smiled to me as I quickly got down on one knee and bowed to her.
"Please forgive me for not knowing, your highness." How did I not recognise who she was?
"Please don't worry about that, it had not been the first time while being away from the island." Silvermist replied while helping me up and back onto my feet. I looked at her and was about to talk but she interrupted me before getting the chance. "I know what you are going to ask. I have found no cure still, hope you don't meet a vorgan and... I had no choice if I wanted everyone else to remain safe." I understood some but the last part I didn't quite understand.

She looked at me before she shook her head. "I thought that might be the case. What I said about the last bit... I was meaning about my, friend. I believe you would have heard about that. Well I had to choose between him and the safety of everyone else. I never take things selfishly but looking back, I have done nothing but give to others... even though I had never received anything in return, but I do consider a smile as something." I looked at her, I could sense pain and it is... something that feels familiar to me. I sighed as I looked away from her and over the village. "I know you have some of the same pain I carry. It is hard losing so much, even if you have given to others. You would slowly lose hope even if you pretend that nothing is wrong." Silvermist continued before she hoped off the brunch. "I will be back up in the mountains if you wish to talk more, later." She then turned and used her wings, this time, to fly up. I remained sitting on the branch for some time, looking over the village and the occasional time, up at the mountain Silvermist went to. I then realised, we do have some things in common and one happens to be... being alone while growing up. I flew over the village to head to the mountain. While that was happening, I could hear some whispers coming from in the village... I think they are worried that I am planning on killing Silvermist, but that is the exact opposite to what I am going to do.

Silvermist's P.O.V:
I was with Sonic in my lab while trying to work more on the cure. I know that we will not be alone much longer... but I will make it more Sonic's test, for hearing and feeling a new presence. "Silvermist!" I heard the silent yelling of Silver, calling for me. "SILVERMIST!" I sighed before heading to the lab's door.
"I think I will work with you more, Sonic." I informed her before disappearing out the door and open the main door. The confused hedgehog walked behind me only to see Silver outside. "Sorry about the wait but it seems I'll need to train Sonic more."
"I was wondering if you heard." Sonic replied as Silver entered, while I just rolled my eyes.
"For the past 5 minutes." Silver continued. Boy, do I feel so embarrass.
"Anyway, what's wrong Silver?" I asked, moving away from the topic.
"I was wondering if it is okay if, we can be friends?" Silver was looking down to the side. She was feeling sad about her past but also a hint about mine, as well. I placed a hand on her shoulder.
"Of course we can." I braced her into a hug, which led to her crying. "It's okay, I know how you feel."

After a while, the three of us started to do some training. I wanted to see how good and how much Silver knows. The two of us did some sparing only to find out that she has amazing skills. We trained for a good hour and a half, then talked about the cure while heading down to the village. Everyone looked at us while we talked, amazed that a vampire hunter was talking to a vampire. "Perhaps you are thinking too much." Silver informed me, I sighed.
"I really don't know why any plants are not working." I replied sadly. "I have tried many different plants, but nothing seems to change the cursed blood... not even a slight change." I looked away from them, I can't stand looking at anyone now. "I can't fail, from what I had invented... They can't stand the light nor water so, what is left to try?" I mostly asked myself out loud.
"Silvermist!" Sonic placed a hand on my left shoulder only to be brushed off by me.
"I'm going for a walk." I continued.
"Why not do it tomorrow, when the sun is up in the sk..." Silver started.
"I'm just going for a walk and I will do another tomorrow, to find more plants... hopefully to find new ones." I replied while continue walking away.

Sonic's P.O.V:
Silver and I watch Silvermist walk away into the forest as the sun continued to disappear from the sky. Soon as she was out of sight, Scourge and Mephiles came over to us but... Scourge looks angry. "What in Chaos did you say to Silvermist?" He growled to Silver while I stood between the two, trying to keep Silver safe, while Mephiles quickly tried to pull Scourge away.
"Scourge, just leave them." Mephiles calmly informed him.
"Why are the two of you protecting her, she is a vampire hunter... what sort of sorcery have you used, WITCH?" Scourge yelled while slipping out of Mephiles' grip and charged towards us. Everyone was now watching.
"SHE HASN'T DONE ANYTHING WRONG!" I yelled to him.
"THEN WHY WAS SILVERMIST SAD?" Scourge replied, that made me a little sad but also angry.
"You really are thick, if you believe that it is something which involves Silver's doing." I looked around to see everyone confused. "It is wise to know from her but not at the moment, not how she is." I somehow can feel her pain and somehow... can sense that Silvermist is in fact watching from a far but also see some glimpses through her eyes of the village and the argument.

What will happen?Find out next time.
TBC