Chapter 8: Friends

WARNING: This chapter may not be suitable for some viewers who don't like blood or the mention of death in any way.

Silvermist's P.O.V:
This vampire hunter has some potential but now knowing who I am in this village, and knows how persistent I am for making the cure... well she does understand about that situation. I had informed her about how I have helped make more peace here than it used to have. Blood is donated, bottled up and is only out once a week. Spare bottles are hidden in the emergency shelter, if the vorgans do happen to attack and that I don't take things too lightly. Silver had been impressed with what has happened here. I had mentioned that it should happen everywhere and I plan on doing it, not just letting it say here. Silver wanted to know about vorgans and now gets to hear me talk about vorgans. She has even helped me and Sonic with trying to make a cure. I never talked about my nightmare I had last night, I stayed away from that. As we were up in my lab working on the cure, I was talking about everything that Sonic and Silver needed to know just in case for any emergencies. My lab was built in with the emergency shelter, just in case if anything like a vorgan attack happened. While we were talking, I had accidentally cut myself and a bit of my blood got added to the vorgan's blood, which had not been added with any experimented cures. We notice it and I looked at it more carefully under the microscope only to see the blood had been partly cured and then it hit me... my friend was a vampire and I have given him some of my blood one time. He had part of the antidote already cause it had been my blood but... what is the other half? Suddenly an alarm went off and I knew why... VORGANS!

I realised that it has been some time now since the sun has gone down and we are now in trouble. Quickly I turned the lights on, it would wake everyone up but they would know why. "We need to get back to the village." I said while we walked to the door that was secretly built as part of the nearby mountain from the village. The three of us flew down to see everyone looking and wondering what to do now. "Everyone please calm down." I yelled for silence which came instantly. "All who can fly are to help those who are unable to fly to the keep. Sonic and Silver knows where it is so you have guidance... I will be the last to leave." I was having a feeling that there is more and will be best to leave last... I hate it when I know my own senses can be right. Sonic carried a woman, bridal stile with two children and Silver used her psychokinesis abilities, which allowed her to take many children at once while others managed to find help. This is good cause if my feeling is correct, which will be, I will need to be able to fight. Sonic and Silver looked at me to see if they could start leaving and I nodded. "Let's go."
"Oh, so you plan on leaving without saying goodbye again. What happened to you, Sil?" A voice called behind me. Everyone but myself looked to who talked only to see something that they had NEVER seen before, not even Sonic and Silver.
"So, my senses were right once again... I knew something would be up but I never expected to see you again, nor ALIVE." I replied turning to the unexpected visitor. "How DID you survive anyway? I used a silver stake to pierce your heart...how?" I kept my back to everyone but one, trying to sound normal but three knew I was holding back my tears. Sonic, Silver and the one I am facing... the vorgan vampire. Yes, it is the same vorgan vampire that I had killed and my best childhood friend... Shadow.

Normal P.O.V:
Everyone was in a panic, vorgans were now here and a vorgan vampire was now in front of them. "GO NOW!" Silvermist yelled. "GO!" She took her fighting position while her friend quickly attacked her. Everyone left for safety as Silvermist continued fighting, protecting everyone as they left. It has been a long time since leaving Silvermist fighting down in the village, the time is 11:30 in the morning and everyone was starting to become worried. Sonic was in Silvermist's lab, trying to help finish making the cure. Silver could see that she was worried for Silvermist and she even knew how Sonic was feeling. 11:32am the doors opened to show an exhausted Silvermist walking in from a long 14 and ½ hours of fighting and 2 minute flight, from the village to the keep. Everyone became relieved knowing that she is alright but they do hope she would sleep, as they watch her walk into the lab. "Sonic, I know you were in the lab... so have you had any thought to what could be the other half of the antidote?" She asked when they were alone, along with Silver.
"No. Sorry." Sonic replied sadly.
"We have one half of the cure... it's now time to find the second." Silvermist mentioned. She looked over at a picture she drew of her and Shadow, before the vorgan curse. A memory came back to Silvermist, it was back in the village while fighting her friend...... Soon she remembered the times of their past and how she enjoyed the time with him but now, she misses him so much... and she has known the reason why. Now her friend is here and alive... this time, she plans on finding the cure for him and the others.

Night arrived and Silvermist sat on a chair awake, while Sonic and Silver were asleep in the nearby bed... many needed to share the rooms and beds. Silvermist looked over at the two and remembered how the first time, Shadow and her had tried to sleep after being born... they would have nightmares. Silvermist never cried out but Shadow would and the two could never get much sleep. Shadow's parents would help comfort him but it never worked in the end. Days passed and the two still could not sleep that much... even doctors and scientists could not figure out why this was happening. The four parents decided to put the two in the same room but it didn't work either. One day when the two young pups were playing, they suddenly fell asleep. Their parents soon found them sleeping more peacefully like that, so they decided to let the two have better sleep than none.

Shadow's P.O.V:

Another night where I can't sleep... I never did since 13 years ago. I never mentioned about knowing what happened since birth... I mostly kept it a secret from everyone, even though Silvermist and Phoenix could see and hear everything too. My parents had to stay cause they and Sil's parents, never wanted us to have bad nights. I know that in the past, the two of us could never sleep until we became so tired that we slept while playing. One night I was awake a little longer, thinking while looking at Sil... I really now hope it comes true. Phoenix was great at sleeping by himself, until he found out Silvermist was not sleeping alone... he complained ever since. Sil was stuck in the middle once it came down to the 'sleep off ' and she could not move until we woke up. There was some times which Silvermist was almost, uh... chocked to death, from the two of us. Now that I think about all the time Phoenix and I fight to get Sil's time... she mostly hides in the castle's lab, which became off limits for me and Phoenix. I wish Phoenix and I never fought so much... something I know Sil like to have had. Slowly I could feel myself falling to sleep............

............"SHADOW, LOOK OUT!...... AAAAHHHHHHH!"
"SILVERMIST!...... Sil, are you okay?"
"No... ah... I think my ankle is broken."
"And to make things worse... the entrance is blocked."
"We can worry about that later, at the moment we need to splinter my ankle. Then we look around to see if there is another way out, okay."
"...Okay."
"Here is my emergency first aid box... now where is, ah... that does not feel right."
"You're bleeding, aren't you?"
"I rather not talk about it, thanks......... Shadow!"
"Yeah."
"Do you know if, you are 'Betrothed' to anyone?"
"No, why?"
"...Never mind. Forget I mentioned anything about it."......
......"You are a monster! I am happy that I will not marry any vorgan vampire filth such as YOU!"
"No! Sil, please!"
"I never loved you, just like you never loved me!"
"Wha...! THAT'S NOT TRUE, NONE OF THAT IS!"
"Then why did you kill me?"
"I haven't killed you!"
"Yes, you have! You are a MONSTER, you vorgan, vampire... FILTH!"
"No... no... no... NNNOOOOOO!"............

............"NO!" I shot up, panting from the nightmare. I hope Sil finds a cure, no way do I want that dream to EVER come true. But it is true, I am a monster and I don't fully have control of myself at times... meaning that, I might kill Silvermist.

What will happen?Find out next time.
TBC