Chapter 3

Sasha had about 3 hours before Connie arrived to deny the existence of any possible feelings she might possibly have for him. It couldn't be that hard, right?

She started the forgetting ritual by tripping over a particularly large pile of clothes as soon as she entered her room and landing flat on the ground. The girl deducted that it must be the fates telling her to stay lying on the floor. She took the fates' advice.

Tonight would decide whether her feelings for Connie were just an illusion influenced by alcohol or if she had genuine feelings for her best friend.

That stressed her out quite a bit. That guy was the first person she met in the city. Her closest friend. There was no way she could throw dating into the midst of all that.

Wait, not dating! I don't even like him that way!

The image of Connie on a date with her flashed through her head like lightning, shocking her into sitting up. 

"Nonononono." She shook her head rapidly in an attempt to rid the thought from her mind, instead, the remnants of her hangover threw a sharp headache onto her brain, making her wince.

No imagining anything. You probably don't actually like him. She thought to herself. Besides, its not like he'd like me back.

................

After several more minutes of forcing thoughts of Connie out of her head, Sasha finally stood up and entered her closet. Her closet. All of the clothes she'd actually wear were lying on the ground outside the closet. She knew that. Why would she enter her closet.

It's okay if I dress up a little. She thought to herself as she grabbed a black dress from the spot it had been hanging for several months.

She slipped it on with little effort and zipped up the back with a lot of effort. Her arms, despite their length, were still unable to completely reach the small zipper.

She finally got it on and stood up straight in front of the mirror.

It's kinda cute. Sasha thought, striking a pose that revealed the entire back of her bra was visible.

"Nope." She said out loud as she pulled it off and threw it into the depths of her room.

She grabbed another one, this time with a complete back. She faced her back to the mirror and craned her neck to see if anything was showing. Nothing was, but when she faced forwards the neckline had slipped down to just above her ribcage.

Sasha stuck her arms through the neckline and let the dress fall to her bare feet in a pool of red fabric. She reached into her closet, and having given up on dresses, picked up a black skirt and a blouse.

When she put it on, there were no problems with the fit. But there was an issue with the length of the skirt.

Her Dad had always had been very traditional and hadn't approved of skirts and dresses that ended above the knees. The price tag was still on from when she had bought it after she'd left. She'd never tried it on, or any skirts that length.

I guess it's fine, she thought, its not like I'm living with Dad anymore.

The skirt looked great on her, it showed off her long legs which had always been one of her most attractive features. Unfortunately for Sasha, it also showed off the fact that she'd shaved her legs exactly once in her life.

Do I have time to shave them?

She clicked on her phone, which blared the numbers 4:10.

Shit, not even an hour. Sasha stuck her arms through the shirt and ran to her bathroom, not bothering to do up the buttons.

She pulled out some unopened makeup from her drawer and proceeded to apply it to her features.

A bit of makeup is fine, right?

By the time she finished, it was 4:34. Sasha took a good look at herself in the mirror and almost burst out laughing. The makeup looked ridiculous, the lipstick was two shades too bright and her mascara had already begun building up below her eyes from when she had rubbed them(Rookie mistake).

"Sasha!" There was a thud at the door, Sasha could hear Ymir's voice coming from the other side. "What the hell are you doing in there!?"

"Nothing!" Sasha replied too quickly.

Ymir didn't care. "Well hurry up and do 'nothing'! I gotta go!"

Sasha began to panic about how to get out without her makeup-caked face being revealed.

"Ymir, Ymir." Sasha heard Krista say quietly as she ushered her girlfriend into the living room with little effort. Ymir took orders from no one, the only exception being Krista.

Nope nope nope she thought as she washed out all of the bronzer and concealer and whatever else was on her skin.

Sasha rushed out of the bathroom, Ymir quickly taking her place, and disappeared into her room again.

She grabbed the first shirt she saw off the floor and pulled it on, ditching the blouse. It didn't even reach her belly button and had a large suspicious stain on it, but she preferred it to the fancy crap she'd dressed herself in.

She was about to find some jeans to replace the skirt, but then Sasha heard a sharp rap at the door.

Connie was here.

Time to put her feelings to the test.