Chapter 4

Sorry in advance, this chapter is fairly short. It'll be longer next time.

................

Sasha entered the kitchen just in time to see Connie enter their apartment. Her stomach surged when she saw his face. Which she blamed on the hunger, she was in fact pretty hungry.

"Heey! Sasha's here!" Connie said excitedly.

"Hey" Sasha replied with a small smile as she approached the table. The fuck was 'hey'? She didn't say 'hey', she gave awesome ass combacks to 'hey'. But she never ever said 'hey'.

Her spirits lifted when Connie placed the takeout bag on the table. And since, again, food took precedence over her feelings, she immediately dug in. Practically forgetting who Connie was altogether.

.....................

"Oi, Sasha! Stop eating all the chicken!" Ymir exclaimed as Sasha shovelled three entire pieces of chicken into her mouth all at once.

"Here, Ymir you can have mine." Krista said, holding out a piece of chicken stuck between her chopsticks.

Ymir happily bit into it right from the blonde girl's cutlery.

Sasha had gotten lucky since Connie had apparently been oblivious to the fact that the "Ten Person Kings Combo" was way too much to feed four people so Sasha was able to eat without holding back.

When Sasha finished her meal, the gravity of the situation came crashing back into her head.  Connie was there, right there beside her, actually his knee was kind of touching Sasha's knee.

It took only a split second for her face to be enveloped in red. Her face felt like it was roasting.

She tried to shift her tied up hair to hide her crimson complexion, which only managed to catch the attention of 2/3 of the table.

"Your face is kind of red, do you have a fever or something?" Connie asked while simultaneously placing his hand over Sasha's forehead. Ten billion mental alarms blared at once in her head, her face probably looked like she'd dunked her head in tomato juice and let it dry. Sasha made alarmed faces at Krista, trying to signal her roommate for help.

The efforts were pointless as Krista's only point of action was to watch with an amused expression on her face.

"Seriously, feel her face Ymir, she's burning up."

Ymir was solely focused on her food, but she glanced up when Connie addressed her, not registering any interest in the scene unfolded.

"Oh." She said, trying to get at the remnants of rice at the bottom of her takeout container. "It's probably cuz she's into- OW!!"

Krista and Sasha had both kicked Ymir from under the table before the girl could finish her sentence.

"More importantly, Connie, when are you going to learn to use chopsticks?" Krista smoothly changed the topic. "It's a pain to wash all of the extra dishes." She said, referring to the fork in his hand.

"Forks are the tool of the man." Connie enthused.

"They are the idiots." Ymir muttered.

"Speaking of that, Sasha, you're doing the dishes." Krista added.

"Whaat!?" Sasha moaned, noticing Krista wink at her playfully. Krista had already helped her twice today, Sasha decided she wouldn't complain this time.

She was after all, very grateful that Connie still wasn't suspecting her feelings. Which she no longer denied. He couldn't find out about them.

At least not yet.