Chapter 6

Sasha's dad was there. Ten feet away. Sitting on her couch. And let's just say this wasn't exactly a happy family reunion.

"How did you get here?" Sasha asked, her eyes filled with anger.

"You mean how did I find you after you ran off?" Her father replied, a hint of impatient agitation in his voice.

"Yes dad," Sasha's voice was gaining annoyance, "how the hell did you find me!? And why are you in my home!? How did you even get inside!?"

"The city has its fair share of sources," her dad said dismissively. "Money can get you whatever information you need if you go to the right people."

"Yes, it can get you a lot of things." Sasha said dryly. "Why the hell are you here?"

"You already know the answer to that."

"Im not going back." Sasha's voice was steady and her face was certain.

"Yes you are." Her father's impatience was clearly growing. "Im your father and you'll do as I say."

"Im 19! You don't get to order me around anymore!"

"Shut up!" Her dad roared, slamming his fist on the coffee table and rose to his feet. "Im coming back tomorrow and you'll be going back with me. That's final."

Her dad marched out of the apartment, slamming the door behind him. Sasha slumped onto the couch. Her dad had left, but the uneasiness in her chest had not. She stared blankly at the door in which he'd exited and hoped that he would never enter again. To be honest, Sasha was terrified. Her whole body felt heavy, it almost hurt to breathe.

There was several thuds of someone running up the stairs and Krista burst into the room.

"Sasha! Ymir proposed!!" She yelled excitedly before freezing at Sasha's state.

"The landlord said a guy came in here, do either of you know who it was?" Ymir asked, walking in. Only to have a similar reaction as Krista.

Sasha smiled weakly, "that would be my dad."

Krista sat down beside Sasha, concern was evident.

"Why did he come here?" Krista asked carefully.

"He wants me to come back home."

"Why? He was okay with you being here before." Krista said quizzically.

Sasha shook her head, "no. He had other plans for me. I ran away when I turned eighteen."

"Other plans?" Ymir asked, which was followed by Krista throwing a warning glare at her.

"Marriage." Sasha said.

The room fell silent.

"... What!?" The newly engaged couple exclaimed simultaneously.

"To who!?" Krista cried incredulously.

"I don't know his name. My dad made some kind of deal with him."

"Maybe he's not that bad." Krista tried.

"He's 54."

"What!?"

"That's why I ran away at 18. Cause that's when legally he can marry me."

"That's bull." Ymir said, "is forced marriage even legal?"

"If it isn't, my dad won't care. He's making 10 grand off the wedding."

"Well there's no way in hell we're letting him take you back." Krista concluded, smiling at Sasha. "You won't be able to go to our wedding."

"You guys are getting married!?" Sasha exclaimed.

----------------

It was the next day, and Sasha had not slept at all. Despite Krista's promise, the heavy feeling in her chest would not go away. She was worried that it would all go wrong, that he would take her back and she'd be stuck married to an old man for all of her youth.

"Sasha! Breakfast!"

Sasha exited her bedroom, plastering a carefree smile on her face. She didn't want the two of them to worry.

Food was still the only thing that took Sasha's mind off her problems. She gobbled all of her breakfast down, nearly taking her plate with it. She was halfway through thirds when her phone started ringing.

Sasha pulled it out of her pocket and checked who it was, the number was unknown.

"Hello?" Sasha said, her mouth still filled with food.

"You'd better be ready in 2 hours." Her dad said on the other line, before hanging up.

Sasha slowly placed her phone on the table, her chest feeling tighter and tighter.

"What's wrong?" Ymir asked from the other side of the table.

Sasha stood up, "nothing. Im fine."

She walked away towards the hallway, repeating 'Im fine' over and over again. Her voice began to break. She went into the bathroom and locked the door. Then, unable to hold them back anymore, the tears began to stream down her face. She choked out a sob and slid onto the tile floor.

She could not go back. It was awful there. She hated it like her life depended on it. But most of all, she didn't want to leave. She couldn't stand the idea of being separated from her only friends. Being seperated from Connie. Sasha let out another sob.

"Sasha, open the door!" Krista called out after knocking on it a few times.

Sasha didn't reply.

There was muffled whispering coming from outside, followed by the sound of Krista walking into the kitchen.

"Sasha, come on! You can't stay in there forever!" Ymir said.

The attempts to coax Sasha went on for about 20 minutes. There was silence for a while that was filled up with Sasha's crying, then there was another knock.

"Sasha, open up." It was Connie this time. Krista must have called him. Sasha wiped her eyes roughly and unlocked the door. The second she stepped out, Connie hugged her tightly. She stood there for probably 4 seconds before she began to cry again. This time into Connie's shoulder.

-----------

Sasha had finally cooled down, her eyes were still a bleary red from all the tears. But at least the feeling in her chest was gone. She had gone to change into not-pyjamas when there was a knock at the door. She pulled on the shirt that was in her hand, took a deep breath, then opened the door. She walked into the living room where Connie was.

Connie grinned at her, "you ready?" He asked.

Sasha nodded and Krista opened the door.