十五

ara sipped on her latte as she waited for her date that night. seeing that hyojin had enthusiastically invited her out, she just couldn't resist to say no. looking at her watch, she drummed her fingers to a beat she thought of while waiting for the girl who was already ten minutes late.

at that exact moment, the bell rang indicating a new customer and the girl's head whipped to the entrance. grinning, she was happy to face a cheerful hyojin waving enthusiastically at her.

"hurry hurry! we're going to be late!"

ara's eyebrows furrowed in confusion at her sentence, wondering where her friend could possibly be dragging her to. however, her eyes soon came to a halt at a particular sign.

DO NOT ENTER

"uh hyojin i thinkㅡ" before she could even speak up, the poor girl was being dragged by the hand once again past the wooden and intimidating door. as ara passed through threatening gazes and crude words, the fear in her mind grew.

however, her grip on hyojin's shirt only tightened when voices grew in volume and she was soon faced with a mass of people jumping up and down while a boy was on an elevated stage, screaming his lungs out.

it was terrifying to a girl who was just opened to a whole new world of the underground as hyojin soon describedㅡ where they were held underground competitions such as rap or dance battles. just as soon as hyojin had finished her explanation, a new voice had piped out loudly scaring the brunette.

"and now... we have suga!"

suga? the name had only begun to intrigue her while she dug her mind hard for the oh so familiar name.

it was the name hyojin had first used to greet "yoongi." she could only stand rooted and dumbfounded.

the mic sounded a few beats and in came yoongi who said a few words. "this is my newly composed track. it's called 'nevermind'." ara folded her arms, questioning what that boy could do as she scanned his hands to the way he held the mic.

however, she was taken aback by the sudden beat. the way his eyes closed while he would rap the lyrics from the back of his mind. the way his mint hair would fall against his eyebrows as his voice passionately brought many mixed emotions of all sorts to her mind.

"they said i'll only make my family live on streets. but does it seem that my family will live on the streets now, you bastard?!" the lyrics woke her up from her daze as her mouth had hung agape.

the boy whom she had asked to stay away; why was making his way into her heart now? why did she felt as if she just wanted to hug him, kiss him and tell him that it's okay? why did he have to seem to vulnerable?

the beat had come to the stop when his vision travelled over the crowd of hyped bodies while he panted harshly. sweat trickling down his neck, his eyes could only lock gazes with the girl now trying to get away from his stare. her heart started pounding; her chest aching.

she didn't mean to fall in love that night.

however, she did.

•••

a/n
im crying at my own fic what have i done. this fic is inspired by halsey's is there somewhere because she is just queen omfg and idec, if she ever comes to singapore i don't mind going broke. anyway, look forward to the next chapter! hoho

ps. the lyrics were cropped (in the story) lol sorry