二十二

"hey, what's up?"

it wasn't a usual busy day for the cafe when ara stepped in, spotting the blonde almost immediately upon her entrance. taking her time, she hid away all sorts of remorse and grinned foolishly (falsely) at her now smiling hyojin.

that smile didn't reach her ears like it did before.

the girl could only look at her coffee the entire time and ara started engulfing the awkwardness after ten minutes of silence. "hyojin, is something wrong?"

silence.

she gulped, knowing something was definitely up. or rather... had she found out? but she shook away the thought, knowing that yoongi was a good secret keeper.

or was he?

"ara, do you know why i call yoongi suga?"

silence was all that the brunette could reply, her thoughts unending and leading to the worst possible scenarios of how their friendship could break up. because hyojin had definitely found out.

"it started when we were in high school. the typical childhood friend love story, rather cliché i must say," she laughed and ara's position now stiffened, "we were in love, or at least, we thought so."

by now, tears collected and had blurred hyojin's sight. ara only looked down at her coffee in guilt worse off than before. hyojin loved yoongi, and she still does. ara thought to herself, did she have what it took to love yoongi like what hyojin did?

"things took a turn. yoongi's father fell into some desperate times and their family were close to bankruptcy. it was a traumatic experience and for days yoongi wouldn't face me, at all."

"i begged so hard, begged my parents to help them and they did. but... things were different after." by then, tears streamed down her cheeks and ara's eyes widened at the now sobbing hyojin. she offered a couple of tissues and hyojin took them hurriedly to clean off her tears.

"yoongi started his underground rapping for the extra money. he would work hard and pay me back. however, he got pretty famous in the underground and developed a stage name: suga."

"all i wanted was for him to love me back. but all he ever saw was ways to repay me... until he met you." this time, hyojin let out a bitter laugh. ara was dumbfounded, she didn't know what to do. was she supposed to comfort her? input her opinion? ara was absolutely speechless.

"he didn't allow anyone to call him yoongi... except you," hyojin grinned at that and ara could see how she was pained to do so. at that moment, all ara could do was cry. she cried for hyojin's tears, cried for jimin's heart and cried for yoongi's love.

"i'm sorry hyojin. i'm so, so sorry."

seeing this, hyojin was surprised in return. she wasn't expecting such a reaction from ara, especially when she kept in mind she was talking to the girl her boyfriend had cheated on for. unknowingly, the corner of her lips tugged into a curve and for the first time she grinned genuinely.

"please take care of him, for me."

with that, hyojin took her leave. it wasn't easy thinking of how to approach the situation. she had seen the look on his face when the four of them had sat down for coffee for the very first time. he had a look that she never seen before and she knew, her battle had lost.

hyojin cried hard for the first time.

i'm finally letting go now.

•••

a/n
double update because im trash forgive me