The Kanto Heroes (By Sammi) Pokémon Fanfic

Prologue

Crystal's POV

"And you four will begin your journey together as Pokémon trainers," the professor says. Wait, what? I don't even know these kids! Well, except for my sister, Ivy. But still!

"But- what? Professor, I don't know these kids," I whisper. "You know your sister," he says, chuckling. I stare at him with a, "not funny" look on my face. "That's not the point," I say.

"Who are those boys?" I ask. I look over at Ivy standing there awkwardly as the two boys talk. "Those boys are Adam and Logan," the professor says.

"Why are we traveling together?" I ask. He pauses. "Well...because you all are...are orphans," he says solemnly. My head hangs. Oh.

"And...your parents...all died together," he says. I snap my head up to face him. "What? Why did you never tell us?" I ask, disappointed.

"I didn't really think you were ready until now," he says. I sigh. "Those two boys are brothers as well as you and Ivy are sisters," he says. I thought so.

I walk back over to Ivy and explain what the professor had just told me. She has almost the same reaction as me. Just goes to show how alike we are. The professor turns to face us and begins to talk.

"I'm sure this is a little bit of a surprise to all of you, but there is also some good news," he says. My heart lifts a little. He smiles. "I have all of your favorite Pokémon as your partners," he says.

I almost jump up and down in excitement. This is so great! I look over at Ivy, and her eyes are sparkling with excitement. "I'm sure these Pokémon will consider you their favorite human as well," he says.

He walks up and hands us our Pokéballs. I feel myself glowing with excitement. I look over at the boys, and they immediately throw their Pokéballs and yell, "Go Gulpin!" and "Go Axew!"

Axew? I wonder where he found an Axew...

Gulpin bounces around in a circle. And the boy named Logan smiles. The Axew skips around in a circle and then falls on his bottom, chirping, "Ax...ew?" confusedly.

Ivy throws her Pokéball and out comes Jiggleypuff. She is chewing on her little paws. She looks over at Ivy and curls up on her foot, cooing, "Jigg-Jiggley!"

Ivy's green eyes light up. She is smiling brightly.

I look over at the professor, and he nods. I throw my Pokéball and smile as I see the form that emerges from it.