Chapter 1

Crystal's POV

A small Eevee emerges from the Pokéball and I smile. It rears up like a horse and paws the air, chanting, "Eevee, Ee-Eevee!" She nuzzles her head against my leg. I reach down to pick her up.

She jumps into my arms and smiles at me, then nuzzles her head over my shoulder. I've always wanted one.

Ivy smiles at me and I smile back. We have our dream Pokémon. The thing we have wanted our whole life. "Thank you professor!" I exclaim.

He nods and chuckles at our excitement. "Now, I can tell you that your adventures as Pokémon trainers will be different from most," he says.

We look at him curiously. He hands us a map. I grab it. There is a map of a forest on it. Near the middle there is a brown rectangle. I raise my head.

I point at the rectangle. "What's that?" I ask. "That's your house," he replies. "W-what?" I stutter.

He smiles. "I'll show you how to get there," he says. We have our own house. Wow. It's kind of hard to believe. It's pretty strange to think.

The professor leads us to the door. We walk over to a boat. "Could you kids help me lift this?" he asks. We all nod and begin carrying it over to Brookwood Creek. It's a fairly narrow creek, but it's also fairly deep, and Pokémon live in it.

We set the boat down in the creek, and sit down in it. I can't believe we're on our way over to our new house. It's crazy. This must be part of why our Pokémon adventure is different from others.

I wonder what other things make our adventure different. Maybe we have to learn a different battling method. Or maybe it has to do with our partners. Other than getting our favorite Pokémon, I guess. Maybe there's nothing more. I just get the feeling that there is.

We sit quietly as the boat drifts along the water. After a while of silence, the professor says, "Almost there." I'm really excited. Ivy and I have never had much to ourselves; this will be among one of the first things!

The professor takes a rope that's sitting in the bottom of the boat and ties it to a little loophole at the front. Then, he attaches the other side to a loophole sticking out of the ground. "We're here," he says.

I look up, and in front of me is a little house, one floor high. It's absolutely perfect. I know I'm going to love my Pokémon adventure. This is something I've thought about for so long, and now I have it.