Chapter 2

Ivy's POV

I run up to the house with Crystal next to me. Wow. This is something I never thought would happen, and it's happening! It's so cool!

I run inside. There is a room in the front that seems to be mainly an entrance room. There is a door to the front and a hallway to the left. I go to the door. The room inside is like a Pokémon daycare. There's a colorful carpet. There is a little machine in the corner.

I go to look at it. It shows different types of beds on the front. I read the instructions. You can choose the size and the element, and then it will give you a little tablet. Then you place the tablet where you want the bed to go, and press the little button on it, and it will turn into the full size bed. You can also turn it back into the tablet; the beds are portable.

That's so cool! I can't believe we have that in our house! I run out the door and go into the hallway. There is a room on either side. I walk to the left. A kitchen that seems to be already stocked. I go to the right. A bathroom. I run down to the end of the hallway and there is a bedroom for all of us.

Four beds and bedside tables. A fireplace at the back. Two windows on the left and right of the back of the room with draping curtains. This is all perfect. I hear our Pokémon at back in the entrance room. I run back to the room. The professor is there as well.

I walk up to hug him. "Thank you, professor," I say. He smiles. "You're welcome, Ivy," he says. Jiggleypuff takes hold of my leg. "Jiggley-puff-puff!" she chants.

"Everyone gather in the front room," the professor says. Everyone quickly comes up to the professor. "I have to leave you now," he says. "I wish you the best of luck on your Pokémon journey, and if you ever need me," he adds as he points at a little screened device on a stand in the corner of the room, "Contact me through this."

Crystal and I take turns giving him a goodbye hug, and the two boys smiles at him. Then he nods at all of us, and walks out the door.

We're alone. But we're free. We're Pokémon trainers now, and this is where the journey begins.