Chapter 4

Ivy's POV

I wake up fairly early. The sun is just coming up. I look around the room, and everyone else is asleep. Hey, maybe I can get a head start.

I stand up slowly so Jiggleypuff doesn't wake up, and then walk out of the room and down the hall. I think I'll go out and pick apples.

The professor said that this area in the Kanto region is filled with apple trees, so I'll bring as much back as possible. I walk out the front door and I immediately see an apple tree.

Wow, that was fast. It's on the other side of the water. Shoot I'm gonna have to jump it. I run and leap. Made it!

I start picking apples. It's cool and breezy, the perfect weather and my personal favorite kind of weather. Crystal and I have always loved this kind of weather.

I hear a creak. I whip my head around to see Crystal standing in the doorway. "Good morning," she says. Her light brown, long hair is blowing in her face. I giggle. "What?" she asks obliviously.

"Your hair," I say. She flips it behind her head. "Need help?" she asks. "Sure, I could use a little," I respond. She jumps over the water with ease. She's always been more agile than me. I'm more flexible than her though.

She reaches up and grabs and apple. She looks over at me. "Nice weather out," she says smiling. "Yeah," I say as I smile back.

-----------------------------------------------

After a while, we carry in a bunch of apples and take them to the kitchen. I reach for a cutting knife. Wow, those boys must really like to sleep. I walk into the bedroom.

"C'mon guys, rise and shine! We have a big day today!" I yell. They groan and slowly rise up out of bed. I look over at the clock. 9:30 already?

"Why are you guys up already?" Adam says. I cross my arms. "We got up at normal time," I say. He raises an eyebrow. "How long have you been up?" he asks. "Since about seven," I say casually.

His jaw drops. "Seven am? Who wakes up at seven am?!" he says shocked. "What, that's when we normally wake up!" I exclaim. "Seriously? You guys are weird!" he says.

We all walk down to the kitchen. "Morning sleepy heads!" Crystal exclaims cheerfully. "Whoa," Adam and I say in unison. Food. Everywhere. How did she do this so fast?

"Apple pancakes, fruit juice," she says. "How did you make this so quickly?" I ask. "I got straight to work. You guys were in there longer than you think," she says. "What's in the fruit juice?" Adam asks.

"Well, believe it or not, there's actually a bunch of fruit plants out there. I used a bunch, but I can't tell you which, it's a secret," she says, winking.

"Wow, you're amazing!" Adam exclaims. "Oh no, Ivy's just as good as me..."

We all sit down and have breakfast. Logan still hasn't said anything to me or Crystal. Why is he so quiet? Adam has talked up a storm since we got here. Our Pokémon are still sleeping in the bedroom.

After a big breakfast, we're all ready to go out and look for Pokémon. We go to get our Pokémon out of the bedroom.

"Axew, wake up! It's time to go! We have to train you!" Adam yells. I see Eevee wake up and start to jump around. "Wake up Jiggleypuff," I say as I tap her. She sits up and looks at me chirping, "Jiggleyyypuff!" as she yawns.

"C'mon Jiggleypuff! It's time to go train!" I say. Jiggleypuff smiles and jumps up onto my shoulder. Adam gives me a stare of awe. "How did you get her I listen?" he asks.

I laugh. "I don't know, she just kind of listened to me," I say. He pauses. "Uhh...Can you...help me?" he says looking embarrassed. I smile evilly. "Anything for you cupcake," I say.

He blushes angrily. "Hey!" he says flustered. I wink at him devilishly. "Now Axew, I need you to wake up. It's time to go," I say calmly. Axew sits up slowly, then nods his little head. "Axeww," he whimpers.

"C'mere," I say. He jumps up into my arms and I give him a little hug. "Okay, we'll have some apples for breakfast," I coo. "Axew!" he chirps happily. Adam is just staring surprised. "H-how?" He stutters.

"Just be calm and understanding, but assertive. It's the best way to bond with your Pokémon, but in a way that they know you're the boss," I say. I walk into the kitchen with Jiggleypuff and Axew.

We all have a fun little event, the first time feeding our new Pokémon breakfast. It's still sinking in, this whole scenario.

After we're done, we walk over to the door. I stop at the front as Crystal taps me on the shoulder. I look at her. "This is it, Ivy. What we've dreamed of our whole lives. A real Pokémon adventure," she says.

I smile. "Yeah," I say. Then she brushes her hair out of her face, smiling brightly. "So let the adventure begin," she says, running out the door. I follow with a new strength in my heart that I've never had before.