Frost Giant

(LOKI POV)

"No, nobody is touching my hair" I demanded.

"But come on, that's how everybody is going to recognize you" Avery insisted.

"I had my hair cut in Asgard" I said, "I happen to like how it is now, and would rather you not change it in any way, got it?" 

Avery sighed. I knew I won the argument.

"Fine but if you get caught I'll deny knowing you" 

"Understood, besides, you already got me to wear these Midgardian drapes," I said gesturing to what I was wearing, "Midgardians have a ridiculous sense of fashion" 

Avery rolled her eyes and continued eating. 

"I can leave whenever you wish me to Avery" I said, "All you have to do is ask. I wish not to be a burden to you"

I took a bite out of the mortal sustenance Avery had prepared for me for dinner.

"Nonsense" She said after swallowing, "You are not a burden to me. I like your company, it gets very boring here" 

"You like my company?" I asked surprised.

Something about her eyes caught my attention as they softened and Avery smiled. 

"Yea, besides this big house is so lonely" She said.

"This dwelling is large compared to other mortal homes I have seen" I noted.

 The "humble abode" I previously donned the house no longer seemed to suit it.

"Yea, I inherited the house from my father" She said, "When he died, I, being his only child inherited everything"

"I'm deeply sorry about your father" I said.

"Nah, don't worry about it, I barely knew him" She said looking at me.

"How about your mother?" I asked.

"I never met her" She said sadly, "She died giving birth to me" 

"Oh" I mumbled quietly. I didn't continue the conversation as everything I said led to her being reminded of a family member's passing.

She began eating again. She seemed in a cheerful mood.  I often wonder how mortal could be cheerful with their short life spans and mediocre life styles. Though I hated to admit it, I could see why Thor fell for a mortal. The simplicity of the way they lived was rather appealing. 

I shook the thought out of my head.

I looked at the spoon on the table and concentrated. It began to shake a bit and it lifted itself into the air. I lifted my right hand and put it at the same level that the spoon was floating at but in front of it. Concentrating on the spoon and movement of my hand, I moved it to the right and it floated over the floor. 

Avery looked up from her food and looked at the spoon in surprise. 

"How are you doing that?" She asked. 

"A little bit of magic at a time" I said smirking.

 She grabbed the spoon from mid-air and put it back on the table. I released my control over it.

Out of curiosity, I stood up and put my hand up straight out in front of me with my fingertips facing the ceiling. I concentrated hard and willed for an exact replica of myself to appear. I began to see an outline of one but it faded quickly. 

Avery stood up next to me. 

"Don't worry, it will come back soon enough" She said putting her hand on my shoulder.

 We sat down and finished our dinner.