Confusion

(Loki POV)

What had I done?

I kissed a mortal. A mere mortal girl!

A mere...beautiful, mesmerizing, amazing, mortal woman.

I refuse to follow in Thor's footsteps. He fell in love with Jane and she made him weak. I am not weak!

What that mortal women does to me.....

I kissed her......

"I let myself... fall for a mortal..". I finally admitted to myself.

Nobody had ever made me feel this way, especially not a mortal woman.

I lay in bed staring at the ceiling.

It was probably about 3 AM but I couldn't sleep.

The memories of what had happened hours ago kept playing in my mind over and over.

Nobody had ever made me show my true feelings before. I shed tears in front of her. She must think me weak.

I allowed her to see my Jötun form. I allowed her to see the monster I really am. She had broken through all my defenses that I had worked so hard to create in a matter of days. I didn't understand what it was about her that made me tear down all the barriers I set up to protect myself. 

(Avery POV)

I couldn't sleep. I was thinking about what happened. 

I broke down that wall Loki seemed to have created to hide his true feelings. If the world knew what Loki had gone through maybe they wouldn't be so harsh to him. 

I hoped what happened last night wouldn't make it awkward for us. 

I closed my eyes. I had to work in the morning so I had to get some sleep. 

(Loki POV)

The chirping of birds woke me up. I opened my eyes to be blinded by the morning light. I covered my face with a pillow. I closed my eyes to try and sleep a bit more but the chirping of those Midgaridan creatures wouldn't let me. 

I sighed and sat up. The house was quiet. I thought Avery would be up by now since she always woke up early. 

I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. I took in my appearance in the mirror. 

My pitch black hair was a mess. 

I turned on the strange fountain in the back of the bathroom and filled the bath with water.   After a short bath I put on a white collared shirt, a pair of black trousers and a tie. I walked to the kitchen were I found a note waiting for me on the table. I picked it up and read it.

Loki, 

I had to go to work. Hope you can manage without me for a bit. 

There's food in the fridge if you're hungry later, just heat it up in the 

microwave. It's easy to use, you'll figure it out. I'll be back at around

5 PM when my shift is over. If you leave the house stay close and don't 

get caught. 

~Avery

Ps: I left some money on the counter in case you need it

Hmm.. what is there to do in Midgard?

There had to be something to do. This town was small and there wasn't much here. I decided I would go to the city.