Destiny

Chapter 28

(3rd Person POV)

Jotunheim

Snow fell heavily, accumulating onto the layers of ice below. A young frost giant sat on a large icy throne staring at the snowy wasteland in front of him with his blood red glare. 

A frost giant walked up to the one on the throne and kneeled in front of him.

"My prince" He greeted. 

"What do you want?" The prince asked curtly. 

"I have a message from Loki" 

The prince frowned. 

" And what does my dear brother say?" He spat.

"He wants nothing to do with Jotunheim, the throne is yours" Aud said, "my prince" 

"Not your prince" Byeist hissed, "Your king" 

The frost giants all got on their knees before their new king chanting his name. 

"Now, bring me Loki" He commanded.

"But my king, he wants nothing to do with Jotunheim" Aud said cautiously. 

"Oh I know" Byeist hissed, "but he can get something I want" 

"What is it that you require, my king?" Aud asked. 

"To restore Jotunheim to its former power" The new king coldly hissed, "and its time for Loki to pay for what he's done to this place" 

"How will Loki restore Jotunheim's former glory?" Aud asked.

"Loki is smart, he knows Asgard's weaknesses and all of it's strengths" The prince replied, "Asgard will fall by the hands of Loki"

"I will have him here by nightfall"

(Avery POV)

I woke up to a loud knock in the door. I groaned and tumbled out of bed lazily as the door cracked open. The same girl from last night peeked in.

"Ahh-" She started, "fancy breakfast miss?" 

"Oh, yes please" I said smiling at her. She nodded and left the room. I dressed in a dark green, lacy dress, which had been given to me by the Queen herself.

Frigga had taken a liking to me and was rather welcoming in comparison to Odin. I understood why Loki cared so much for her. 

Not too long afterwards, the young girl brought my breakfast to my room. I thanked her and she left me to my food. It was a small Asgardian pastry; a bowl of eccentric fruits and what I assumed was orange juice.... or something.

I hated eating alone but everyone usually ate much earlier and were usually busy. 

I took the bread and left my room leaving the rest of my breakfast there and walked down to the dungeons to meet with Loki. 

The guards let me in without a second thought. 

I stood outside Loki's cell waiting for him to notice me. He looked up from the book he was reading and smiled at me. He didn't move from his bed. 

"Avery" He greeted. 

A guard unlocked the cell after making sure Loki remained on the opposite end of it and let me in, shutting the door behind me. 

I sat on the bed next to him and handed him the bread that I brought with me. 

"Here, it's better than what they feed you in here" I said kindly. He took it with a slight smile and put his book down.