New Story

Hey guys, how are you a doing? Well I am thinking of writing a new story. Here is an excerpt from my new book that I'm thinking of calling Attributes or Virtues. Please vote and leave comments and messages. I honestly read them all and greatly appreciate them. Well anyway here it is. Thank you and God bless.
-@maryash12.

Chapter 1: MERCY.

"Love you? Love you?!" she screeched at him. He couldn't be serious. He couldn't possibly think that she would still be in love with a man like him did he? She kept on looking at him like he was mad. Like he was neurotic, the man indeed lost his mind if he was asking her if she still loved him.

From the moment she had stepped into the mansion and walked up the stairs into the family's large living room she had known something bad was going to happen. Besides the unnerving feeling that 15 people were staring at her looking at her in pity and in guilt and in an emotion she did not have the strength or the mind to decipher.

Her mind and will power had already been used to get her in this room. She was dead tired. But right now anger and rage had infiltrated her mind. She was ready to have a full panic attack. She kept thinking to herself 'what more did he want from me? What else could he take? When would this pain stop, when would he deem her punishment enough? Wasn't it enough that he and his heartless family had taken everything, absolutely everything away from me? Wasn't it? I had nothing left, what else were they after, was he after?'

"Mel please -" he started to beg in a pitiful and strained voice. At this moment Zach would do whatever it took for him to get through the woman he loved. The woman he had meticulously and mechanically destroyed.

But to the woman a few feet from him that was not going to be so easy. If the situation was not so serious she would have pretended to faint as soon as he said the word please and started to beg. For Zachary Nigel Denison never ever admitted he was wrong let alone beg. 3 years ago that would have moved her right there and then, but right now it did nothing for her. Only established her resolve to hate him all the more.

He was willing to plead with his tongue, with his eyes and with his heart. Any thing it took to let her see how sorry and remorseful and guilty he felt and truly was.

"Don't you dare say that name to me ever again. You hear me ever again" she warned him with clenched teeth that revealed her uncontrollable anger and rage. To her he had no right, absolutely none to even dream to refer to her by that nickname when once upon the time would have brought a smile to her face.

"Melissa, I know I don't deserve your forgiveness. I don't even have the heart to begin to tell you how regretful I am. Just seeing you like this is killing me inside. I feel like crying g my eyes out. With everything that you hold sacred please I am begging you forgive me. Give me a chance to earn your forgiveness. Allow me to make it up to you. I will do anything absolutely anything to make it up to you, to earn your forgiveness. And one day to earn your trust once more. Please I am begging of you. Have mercy" he said as a broken and humbled man.

As soon as he had said his last words the laughter that she had kept down erupted from her. She started to laugh with absolutely no humor. She laughed so hard that she fell to the floor. When she finally stood back up and regained her composure dir she start to address him.

"Mercy? Mercy? You are asking me for mercy? You have the nerve to ask me for mercy when that was the one thing you never gave me. Do you even know the meaning of the word, Zach? Do you?"

He said nothing. How could he, she was right. He didn't know the meaning of the word. He was filled with so much regret and anger and disappointment at himself.