Chap. 16

THIRD POV

"Hey Uncle George" the identical little imps called. They were in the pool splashing each other. They were good swimmers even though their mother wasn't a big fan of water, she felt it was too unstable, but her sons, they adored it. When they were young they would spend hours in the bathtub. It had freaked her out until she enrolled them in lessons.

"Heya. You guys want to take a little break? We can go and get some cool, ice drinks" he suggested.

Their eyes lit up with happiness. Anything with the word sugar and they were game.

"Sure" climbing out of the pool and making a beeline for their towels and clothes. Properly dried and clothed they followed George out of the pool and into the bright sunshine.

"Where is this place?" David questioned.

"About three blocks from here" George answered, grabbing a hold of their hands as they crossed the street. Diane was busy putting Fifa down for a nap, which would take two hours. The little lady was too headstrong. He almost felt sorry for Diane. But Diane seemed to be enjoying himself. Anyways it would give him and the boys' time to have a much needed important conversation.

"Are we walking?" Mario whined.

"Yes" George teased.

"Why?" he whined again.

"Because humans have been walking for centuries that is why." George quipped back.

"So what kind of drinks do you want?" George asked.

"I don't know. I will know when we get there" David answered.

"You know he says the exact same thing before a test" Mario told George.

"Really?"

"Yeah. That is why he doesn't study. He said there is no use, we will know the answerers when we get there" Mario shrugged his shoulders.

"What does your mom say?" George laughed. He knew that Diane would never agree to David's theory.

"David, you better get your head in the books. Or I will get my hand in your backside" doing his best impression of his mother.

George laughed. "Don't you mean on"

"No. She says in" David answered.

George just chuckled and shook his head. It was not too far-fetched. Diane was a mother lion. She did not mess around. He knew when he and Diane got married, Diane was going to be the disciplined and firm one. Whereas he was going to be the fun one. Basically, Diane was going to be raising four children.

Mario stopped for a second to tie up his shoes. George momentarily was in another place. He had no idea how he was going to broach the subject. He was now the legal father of two 10 year old boys. Boys who had no clue that he was now their father. It just seems like a sensitive topic to bring up.

He had love for these boys. They were smart and lively and just a joy to be around. It was a very different feeling. He had seen the boys as friends and peers, but now he was their father. That was a whole different game. Now he thought about it, he had always been their father. But breaking this news was going to be much harder. Questions were going to be asked and answers that he was not willing to give. He had sincerely hoped that it would never come to this but after the stunt that Collins pulled he knew the time for peace was over. This was a time for war.

Men like Collins disgusted him. They repulsed him. He was not ignorant or closed minded, he knew that there were circumstances when fathers and mothers have to give up their children for the child's own interest. Sometimes it was because of financial constraint or because of security. But one element that was always present when a father or mother gave up a child was, love. Unexplainable love. When you love a person so much that their happiness and safety was more important than anything else. That was parenting.