Chap. 21

So you guys should thank my mother for this chapter. She has been hounding me to update. Her words exactly "Your poor readers. No wonder they are mad at you. I would be mad too. UPDATE NOW!"

So this is for the messengers and my mom. 

THIRD POV

Startled Eric arose from the comfort of his pillows. Blinking rapidly his eyes zoned in on the screaming woman in his suite. He should not be surprised that she was here. No matter what occurred and will occur between him and Rachel he would never ever in this life criticize her for not being a mother. She was the Sainted Mother Guadalupe. Her love for his kids knew no bounds. And he would always be indebted to her. It seems that man had gotten to her. 

"Look at me you bastard!" she screamed. A shoe whizzed past his ear.

"Rachel please. Calm down. This is not good for your health" he tried to placate. He had never seen her so mad. Not even when she discovered his numerous mistresses. This woman before him was cracking. She was losing her nonchalant exterior for which she was infamous for. That icy, cool detached exterior was furtively being chipped away. And he was to be blamed. It was all his fault.

"Calm" pacing the room. "This man says I should be calm" talking more to herself than him, whilst all the while pinching the bridge of her nose. Breathing out a big breath. She turned to him and gave him a smile. But the smile had Eric quivering in fear. It was never a good thing when Rachel started to give that sweet smile of hers. It usually spelled trouble. There was an old saying that said "Fear the quiet ones"

And he was right. Because the next minute he was leaping from his bed, narrowly missing the drinks and the decanters that she was flinging with all her might at his body.

"Don't you tell me to calm down you bastard!" she screeched.

"You have taken everything from me!" flinging the ice bucket at him.

"My dignity!" recalling all the times she had cried herself to sleep because of him.

"My peace of mind!" she was panting now. Her own parents always did what he wanted. It was like he had a hold on them. They turned on her and disrespected her at every turn because they saw her as a weak fool, unworthy to stand beside the great Eric Timmons.

"My family!"

"And now my children! What more?! What more Eric?!" she screamed. Sobbing her eyes out as she dropped to her knees.

"What?" she screamed. She didn't care if she woke up the whole household. She was tired. She was exhausted with the constant pain and the gnawing feeling that everything around her would be tumbling down. In the 32 years that she had been married to Eric she had had about four full years of happiness. And those had been spread out in months and weeks. They were never consistent.

The moment that she started to be happy and feel like life was going her way. Something came up. Something that always involved Eric. If it had not been for her children she would have left a long time ago and never looked back. Perhaps the fact that he had showed up two hours after her son's birth smelling of perfume and champagne, should have made her head for the hills.

Eric seeing the distress tried to come near her. To aid in her pain.

"Don't come near me!" she growled.

There was a pause of silence.

Then she started to laugh. Like really laugh. She was truly starting to lose it. Getting up she walked over to the chair and sat down. It was time to get herself together.