CHAPTER FOUR

'Hello...Camilla' I said as I caught a glance of her name tag.

'Yes ma'am, how can I help you?' Lady answered my greeting.

'Of course, but this will be our little secret' I smiled at her. 'My name is Amal Abduljabbar your boss' wife.'

'Right, hello ma'am, how have you been? Are you here to see Mr. hameed? He'll be out in like...she glanced at her wrist watch...fifteen minutes. Would you like to wait?' She asked smiling.

'Ohh sweet, don't bother this won't take long.' I smiled as I leaned closer to her.

'I kinda want to surprise him, our anniversary is on the corner, 'awwwn' she cut me off while placing a hand on her heart as if to show how my words touched her. Yeah right, believe me sweetheart this is nothing romantic. I mentally rolled my eyes. 'You know men...I continued, so if you would help me with his working schedule I would be very grateful to you, I could get it from him but that certainly will ruin my great surprise, so, if you would help a sister out. I gave her my great puppy looks and she fell for it.

Well ladies and romance really. The lady sent me a copy of the schedule and was having a huge smile on her face, no doubt still touched with my romantic gesture.

'I hope he loves your surprise ma'am, I am a real fan of love and a romantic gesture, Mr Hameed is so lucky to have a very romantic wife. How many years are you celebrating? She asked still plastering that innocent smile of hers and I couldn't help but feel sorry to be busting her bubble. 'Seven' I answered and tried to put in some excitement in my answer.

'Aww, that's so sweet of you, seven years of marriage and you still put effort in the romance stuff, you really must be romance addict like myself, these days after two years of marriage the couple tend to abandon the fun, I see no reason to leave a dull marriage life when you can put in some life and fun to it. Marriage is supposed to be fun, you know, with all the romantic stuff. There's this friend of mine the.... 'Camilla, I stopped her before she could finish, I can stay here and listen to her fantasy but I really am not in the mood to hear some fantasy of a romance freak. I'm sorry but I need to get going you know, prepare for th...' 'Yeah right, you should get going'. She squealed and clasped her hands together with a huge grin on her face. I returned her smile and left the office...more like ran.

What a weird lady I must say.

At 4:30 Hameed came back home. I was in my room when he came in, then I quickly closed my eyes and pretended I was sleeping. He walked to me and kissed my forehead. 'I'm back' he said. But I didn't get up. He sat there staring at me for some minutes and left for his room.

I laid there with my eyes closed for some time, thinking about Hameed, he left me no choice but to spy on him, I hated it and I was scared. I was carried away in my thoughts not knowing time went fast. I didn't know when he came in; I just felt his hand on my face wiping away my tears. I quickly opened my eyes and smiled at him, trying to hide my worries. 'May I know the reason for the tears my queen'? Hameed asked, concern laced in his voice. I sat down and smiled. 'Don't bother my king.' He held my hand and looked me in the eye intensely. 'Amal what is wrong with you and...?' 'Nothing' I cut him off not wanting to go further. 'And don't tell me Nothing.' He finished the sentence he started. 'Hameed really I don't want to bug you with my never ending problems'. I smiled at him hoping he doesn't ask more. 'Tell me, I will be your shield'. He offered. Just leave me alone, I'm not sure if I trust you anymore. 'It's nothing serious, I just need some time alone and I will get over it'. 'Okay then goodnight' he said reluctantly. 'Goodnight' I murmured. He kissed me and left.

Life goes on and on with the same procedure. Day break is a sign of another day, another plan. Yesterday is gone and today is here. Is either you learn from your yesterday and make today perfect or you let it go and tomorrow is another day.

I woke up like I used to everyday to pray my subh prayer because that is how every muslim starts their day. After prayer I went to the kitchen to prepared breakfast and I went to Hameed's room and found out he was in the bathroom, taking his bath I guess. I was about to leave when his phone beeped. I made sure he hadn't heard it then I hurried to the phone and checked it. This was what I saw 'CAR WASH...24TH avenue'. I had no idea what that meant but I was suspicious and I suddenly remembered. I saw that thing once.

There was a day when we were having breakfast and he got a message and left, I asked why but he kissed me and said it was work and it was urgent. He was in such hurry that he left the phone there and dashed out. I was surprised and annoyed not because he left but because he barely touched his food. I took the phone I saw this same message. But then I thought it was something useless. And now here I am looking at the exact message with no sender identity. What a fool I was. I admitted. 'Amal what are you doing?' I heard Hameed's voice close to me. I turned quickly dropping the phone. 'Hameed I didn't hear you come out, I just came to check on you and you were bathing, on my way out I heard your phone beeped so I was checking. I said firmly. 'Since when did you start checking my phone?' he asked looking straight into my eyes, Hameed does that whenever he thinks I'm lying to him, and if I say any more word he will get me so I walked to him and held his hands. 'I'm sorry, I mean no harm and besides it was nothing serious just your car wash I think they want to see you'.

He drew his hands away from mine and walked to the mirror. 'Amal you have to respect my privacy no matter how little it is, my privacy is still my privacy'. He said angrily. 'It's okay, I never thought that will annoy you I never would have touched the phone at the first place, I'm sorry'. I said looking so innocent. I wrapped my arms around his neck and stared at our reflection. 'I'm I forgiven?' I asked innocently. 'No, not until you tell me the reason for the tears yesterday he said as he drew me closer to him and he kept his eyes locked with mine'. 'Ohh please don't bother I'm okay, besides it was nothing serious'. I said patting his chest fondly. 'Amal I insist please'. He pushed. Don't you ever give up. I thought to myself. 'What was that you said about privacy?' I asked trying to change the issue. He brought me closer to him I could feel his breath on me. 'Using my own words against me right'. he murmured smirking. 'Taste of your own medicine right? . I smiled as I wrapped my hand around his neck. Less I forget, breakfast is ready, hurry up so you won't be late.' I managed to get out of his hold and smiled at him as I left. 'You remember what you said about keeping secrets' he shouted so I could hear him. 'Yeah I do.' I shouted back and I could hear him chuckle.

����?����'��