CHAPTER FIVE

Hameed parked his car far away from a certain car wash which I assumed is the place he normally plans his mission. I was very careful so he wouldn't spot me in my car which I parked somewhere far away from his but where I can get a closer look of whatever he is up to. Feeling just like a spy. I was engrossed in my spy work when a sound startled me, someone was knocking on my window. 'Can I help you ma'am? The young man who stood by my window asked staring at me. Crap! Just what I needed, so much for not getting noticed. If I were a spy, I'll really be the worst. 'Pardon?' I managed to say as I rolled down my window. 'Do you need to wash your car?' he asked, his eyes showing more of anxiety and fear. 'Amal, you shouldn't be here, leave now'. He warned. What the hell, did he just say my name; things just keep getting interesting I must say. 'I'm sorry what?! Who are you? How did you know my name?. I asked at once, fear rising in my chest. That's it; Hameed knows I'm unto him, that's why he asked this psycho to get rid of me. What better way to kill your stubborn wife than to have her killed by a psycho, that way no one will ever find out. OMG he's going to dumb my body in the ocean. No one is going to find me, well maybe after some months when my body has started to rot. I don't want to die that way. I'd rather die a peaceful death actually, I always wanted to die in my sleep, that way I won't suffer much. 'Please don't kill me'. I pleaded as I felt the tears form up in my eyes. 'What? Kill you? Why would I want to kill you? But if you don't leave this place this minute we might actually be killed'. He said as he looked around desperately and turned his gaze on me, I couldn't help but notice the urgency in his eyes. I stared at him intently, wandering who he was, if I could trust him, well not technically trust him, he called me by name which means he's either with Hameed and went rogue. Woah... that will be cool actually, rogue assassin, but he did show some concern towards me, he might not be that bad, he also look harmless. Who I'm I kidding; Hameed looks harmless but look where I am today. Looks can really be deceiving. 'Damn, Amal leave, like right now!' a voice brought me back from my thoughts. I looked at him and as if on instinct my eyes looked ahead just when Hameed was entering an apartment, he looked around, I concluded that he was scanning for something different, anything. So damn cautious. After checking momentarily, he disappeared into the door. He was out of my sight and I desperately wanted to follow him, but as I see it, that will be too risky. I needed some plan because it is not going to be as easy as I thought. 'Are you even listening to me?' the man whisper-yelled and at the same time hitting my car as though he was trying to wake me up from a nightmare. 'I am, but I don't think I'll just leave because some freak told me to. No offence, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm staying put.' I started to roll up my window when I heard high heaved a sigh, 'stubborn much' he muttered more to himself. 'Fine take this, he reached for his back pocket and handed me a card...complimentary card. Meet me at that address tomorrow morning; you will get all the answers you need. I took the card from him and to my surprise it wasn't a complimentary card, just a card with the two addresses on it. Weird. 'Am... which one of the addresses? I asked looking confused. 'The second one.' He answered as he started walking past me, he entered a black SUV and sped off.

The next day, Hameed told me that he will be travelling and it was urgent. I knew he was lying but I pretended not to know. To me, that was the beginning of the end. That was the day I lost my life, the day I set out for a mission with the intention of achieving my aims, either to succeed or to loose but whatever happens, I will never give up, I'm almost there.

'Do you need anything?' Hameed asked me.

'No'. I answered shortly looking away from his direction.

'I know that expression' Hameed said and sat close to me on the bed.

'There is no expression, you should get ready'. I said.

'Okay, Amal here's what we are going to do; you are going to tell me the reason why you are behaving funny. This is not the first time I travel then why are you making this a big deal.' 'I'm not making it a big deal; I think you should get going'.

To my surprise he got up and left the room.

There is nothing I can do, from all indications I have lost my husband for his so called secret mission, or whatever it was. I almost cried my eyes out and finally arrived to a solution to not lie there and sulk, while Hameed succeeds in his mission of taking my father's life. I got up and took my car keys and drove off.

/gPsUnQ�\V�4k/