Chapter twenty-six

Walking in the dark without so much as a single source of light, though accustomed to the darkness, Najeeb surveyed the environment clearly. He could make out the silhouette of two huge men by the far end of the metallic door that connects them to the inner part of the dungeon. He estimated four other guards will be position immediately after the outer entrance. The place was heavily guarded no doubt, undeterred he moved further with determination to end it all. He was going into the lion's den, and save the innocent woman carrying a child and then finally put an end to it. The true knight in shining armour!

He glided through the narrow opening and came into contact with a guard who was not so happy to learn about their new uninvited guest, before he could so much as make a sound, Najeeb swiftly slit up his throat. A very clean and fast kill, that definitely took care of unnecessary attention. He was not an assassin, not even close but he sure as hell will help get rid of them without any protest even if the only way was to have blood on his hand, for the greater good right? Najeeb did not waste any time on the unfortunate victim that lay on the floor surrounded by his blood, he has a very important task to get to, a woman to save.

*************************************************************************

Darkness

Darkness

Darkness seems to be the only thing going on in her life. There was a moment in her life where there was light, where there was hope, where there was happiness. It seems like a very long time ago when she was laughing with feedy, arguing with Beebah and intentionally messing up the house just so her mother will yell at her, it wasn't long ago when her only problem was the lack of care and communication in her marriage. What she would give to get those moments back! hell she wished to forget all the horrible things happening in her life, how she wished all this will be a terrible nightmare and she will wake up and finally forget it all.

If only wishes were horses

Amal sat in the horrible room that was now her safe haven, her mind was so clouded with so any things to think, just how her life took on a very drastic turn. So many things to think about and she was sure, the moment she chose to think about them, she will most certainly loose her mind, but she has to think about something and she chose the most easier one among the rest.

Where is Phiona the adorable cat?

She stood up abruptly in search of her most trusted confidante, it has been days since she last saw her, has she perhaps survived? Maybe the cat has finally escaped. After searching an coming out empty, Amal fell on her knees as all sank in, she was alone! Even the cat has abandoned her, her life was a lie! Her once hero turns out to be a devil in disguise. It hurts, it really hurts to be stabbed in the back.

Why?

Why??

Why Allah, why?

And then she let it all out, she screamed, and screamed and screamed!!! Amal cried like she never had before in the darkness that is now her life, she cried for what she lost, she cried for her family, she cried for her trust, she cried for the love of her life, she cried for the child she will never hold, and she cried for her trust that was broken. She cried and she cried some more.

She thought she was alone but just outside her door, was Hameed seated at the door as he also cried, for whatever pain she felt, he felt it too and as she thought she was alone, he was with her all the way and he will be for the rest of his life. For she is his life.

Hameed remembered the last time he cried, it was when he came back from school and met his father lying in the pool of his blood, he had rushed to him kneeling down as he shook him. 'baba, please wake up, don't leave me all alone please baba please'. He had cried clutching unto him and he wouldn't let go. Then Maish came in and took him away with the promise of vengeance for his father.

Hameed scoffed at the irony of life, he was determined to kill Abdul-jabbar Omar, to avenge his father's death but was it all worth it? Ruining Amal's life just so he could avenge his father that will not come back, will his father be happy with who he turned out to be? Does she deserve the pain he has brought her? He grimaced again as he heard her cry harder, how had he manage to destroy the only source of light in his life? How can he love the broken angel crying this much? He will make it right; he swore if he wasn't able to bring back a smile unto her face once more, he can definitely get rid of the sorrow for her including himself. It won't be easy, to let her go but he will do it, for her, she deserve that much from him. His baby.

He stood up and looked back at the closed door where his beautiful wife recide, he will make it right. And with a final look he turned and headed to the danger that awaits him for he knew he waged a war between the assassins but before all hell broke loose, he will get his angel out of this hell and then he will come back and kill the bloody bastards that dare hurt his child and his wife.

***********************************************************************

With much difficulty and several dead bodies later, Najeeb finally came upon Amal's room he tried opening it but the cursed looked to be locked. Well that should be expected really, what kidnapper leaves the victim opened, what was he thinking?!

'Bloody hell! I can't open the damn door.' He said annoyed.

'Obviously, you need my expertise in picking locks do remind me to share my impeccable knowledge with you when we are done with these entire ordeal. Perhaps we can reconsider my request about an office at the corner.' Nolan said smugly. He went further to direct Najeeb on the very not so needed knowledge on picking locks who by the way went against his moral. Ironically, killing people was easier than picking locks, how lovely!!! 

After so much grunting and cursing, he finally opened the door with a click and without any more waste of time, he swiftly entered the dark room where the damsel laid curled on the little bed just under the window that provided little light to the room. He took his first step into the room and that was when he heard it. the voice that sent shivers down his spine, the sinister laughter that shook his very core and finally the round of applause just like it was done when a play was over and the audience where left entranced. Perhaps that was all it was, a game of chess, where they were all pawns. The very orchestrators have finally gotten their desired result. The beginning of the end!!!

n��nJ�