Chapter eighteen

Amaar is a very well trained assassin who is very skilled in using his hands. he is usually reserved and prefers living a very simple life, that was before he joined the aforementioned. Amaar became a very important asset to the assassin and his talent was well appreciated. He successfully got himself a seat at the round table where all the important assassins were.

He has difficulty in understanding people though; he just can't understand why people tend to always be emotional fools! It's strange and admirable how they show loyalty up until he breaks them, because he always does. He doesn't always enjoy torturing people and breaking them but most of the times he enjoyed it immensely especially when he is dealing with spies!

He sat on a wooden bench at the common room polishing his favourite silver dagger when his phone rang, he took his precious time polishing it before he took it out from his pocket, he saw the caller and sighed heavily he really needed his rest alone with his precious toys. He answered the phone and Sardat's voice came through demanding for his presence. The call however ended even before he could protest against the sudden call. He sighed angrily as he headed towards the elevator towards Maish's office where Sardat awaits.

As he entered the office he saw Sardat with another lady whose face he doesn't know, what business could Sardat have with the lady and that also in Maish's office? Could she be one of their assets in other places? He didn't get to finish his thought when Sardat's voice cut him through.

'About time, you took your time I can see.' He said. His voice laced with sarcasm.

Amaar glared at him and decided his statement was not worth any reply so he proceeded into the office all the while staring at the lady who for some reason found the floor very interesting!

'I'm here now, aren't i?' he snapped. Sardat was really getting on his nerves; he was the one that needed his help while he was taking his rest. He really doubts Sardat was in the position to be angry right now. He notice the lady quickly turn her gaze towards him and if his eyes are really functioning well which he highly doubt that, he saw the expression she held, it was in fact relief! She was relief to see him? That, most certainly is rather a new development.

'Meet Amal, she's a spy. say salaam'. Sardat announced cheerfully and Amaar quickly averted his gaze to the other assassin, surely he was mistaken, this sweet lady cannot be a spy, she doesn't look like one for crying out loud! Yet again, they say looks can be deceiving.

'I wanted you here because I want her to divulge some important information and I doubt she will do that willingly, our dear friend here is a tough one you see.'

Amaar's face turned sour, it's obvious he does not like the meaning behind Sardat's words. He couldn't for the life of him torture a lady, especially someone as innocent as this young lady standing before him.

'Surely you don't mean....erhmm...'

'Of course that's what I mean, why else will I need you here if not for your remarkable talent?' Sardat asked surprised. He wondered why Amaar was behaving strange. He never felt uncomfortable when he was asked to turture someone to get information. Why now? Does it have something to do with the fact that Amal was a lady? But that is just silly, Amaar has tortured far too many ladies to even keep count why was he not happy to add to the list?

But we have to take her to the basement at the blue quilt garden, I have reason to believe she is not acting alone and her accomplice are likely to come here and I wouldn't want them to storm this place in search for her. It is rude to disturb a very important gathering like this one.' Sardat said as he headed towards the door but stopped in his track when he noticed Amal was not following, he turned around and sent a very striking glare her way she reluctantly followed suit, towards her apparent death.

They walked for a while when they finally reached the elevator but before they could enter, they heard a voice call unto her and they all froze. They turned and she was met with the face she undisputedly loved.

Hameed!

He rushed towards them confused but right when he was almost there, they got in the elevator and it closed just as he reached. His face was laced with so much emotions that she couldn't figure out what he felt at the moment, but she was sure the two most powerful emotions she managed to pick up were anger and confusion.

She released the breath she didn't know she was holding and closed her eyes momentarily. Here goes nothing.

Yaa Allah help me and protect me from all evil that lurks in the shadows and from this wicked people...indeed you are Al-mujeeb.

At that moment, Amal knew her life has taken a drastic turn but what she didn't know was that, that was just the beginning of what lies ahead!!!

9|J=<