Chapter 7

Tobias POV

I open the door and go in to set my keys on the table, I quickly go back to Tris and pull her in my arms. "So you're really alive... this is real life..." I say as I hold her close to me, it all feels so natural. She nods, "Yeah this is real life... I missed you so much Tobias." I nod and keep her close to me, I feel like if I let her go then she'll just disappear again. I look at her and see she's wearing my gold chain, I thought I lost that. "How did you get my necklace?" She looks down at it and blushes, "Tobias we should sit down."

I follow her lead to the couch and she sits right next to me. I shift my body so I'm facing her directly. She has one hand on the necklace, "You gave me this the last time I saw you, and you told me to keep it so you can start to remember..." Her voice trails off, I raise my eyebrow at her, "Remember? Remember what Tris?" She bites her bottom lip, "Last time I came to visit you I told you I wasn't dead, but at the end I had to give you memory serum so you would forget about the day we spent together." I feel my heart skip a beat, I knew she wasn't dead? I shake my head, "How many times did you come visit me? And why only me? Why not your family?"

She thinks for a moment, "I came to visit you a few times, only when the Bureau would allow it." She holds my hand, "You are my family Tobias, I came to see you because I love you and couldn't stay away from you." I take my hand back, "So if you love me why did you decide to get with Bruno?" I can hear the jealousy in my own voice, I see her look down. "Tobias... They told me I couldn't ever be with you... that I wouldn't see you again. Everyone had been pressuring me to go out and move on but I wasn't ready. I only went out on a few dates with Bruno but each time I did I always wished I was with you." I sigh and look down, "I'm trying to be understanding Tris.... But it still hurts." She makes me look at her, "Tobias nothing happened between me and Bruno. We only kissed one time, other than that all we did were go out on dates. I understand why you're hurt, but please look at it from my perspective. You know I love you, if I could take back being with him I would. You're the one I always wanted to be with."

She takes off the necklace and hands it to me, "You know... you gave me that necklace when you proposed to me..." I freeze for a second, "I proposed to you?" I see her make a face, did I sound too surprised? "Yeah you proposed to me the last time I came, on the Ferris Wheel... you knew you were going to forget but you knew you had to do it." I see her look down. I look down at the necklace and back at her, I put it around her neck and she looks up at me, I touch her cheek and lean closer. "Am I still the only one who can sharpen someone like you." She nods and I kiss her, the last year and a half fades away. All the pain and sadness fade away. It's just me and her again.

***

I wake up to her right next to me, sometime throughout the course of loving each other we made it to the bedroom. She looks over to me, "Are you okay Tobias? Did you have a nightmare or something?" I look around, this is still real life. I shake my head and pull her back in my arms, slowly I start to relax again. Tris looks up and kisses me, "It's okay to go back to sleep, I'm going to be here in the morning. I'm not going anywhere. We can talk more in the morning love." I nod and kiss her again, I don't want to sleep but now I'm worn out. I keep her in my arms as I quickly drift off again.

1.21.16