Chapter 9

'Challenges are what make life interesting, overcoming them is what makes them meaningful'

****

We both have ragged breathes.We stop for awhile to pass air into our lungs.And start again...

Hey!don't misunderstand.

I am not kissing Linn.Actually I am running after her to kick her ass for making me go to that party.Aren't best friends suppose to understand your feelings? Linn is so dead.

"Evy, I didn't compell you to go,did I? You were the one to agree."Linn shouted from other end of pool.

"Don't play smart Linn"I shouted back at her.

"Fine.Let's negotiate."Linn said,coming towards me.

I laughed at her and said ,"This is not bussiness deal Linn.I just want to kick your ass.That's all."

Linn is grinning so widely. Something's wrong!

Oh yes!

"LINN NOO..

Linn pushed me into the pool and dived in herself.

I am not GOOD at swimming.

Linn caught my hand and said,"How was it?"

"You little devil..you know I can't swim."I said , gritting my teeth.

"Okay,I will bring you pizza.Fine?" Linn asked, raising both her eyebrows.

"Are you luring me Linn Levine? I will accept it only if you will do what I say.Fine?"I asked,smirking.

"Bring it on."Linn said,still grinning. Linn never backs out from a challege. That's most fascinating thing about her.

I whispered my challenge into her ears.And her grin changed into frown.

HA! All because of my challenge.

Linn literally dragged me out of the pool and said ,"Fine Evy..just wait and watch." Oh! It hit her nerves.

What I said was..

"You have to look the sexiest in the party tonight"

I said it knowing that, Linn hates being the centre of attraction and loves being her usual coolself. Evil me.

Is it that hard for Linn?Maybe it is.

Linn doesn't like to dress up in a sexy way and I don't like parties at all. Fair enough.

***

I didn't know what to wear.I always used to go to club in my usual tshirt-jeans-converse combo with Linn.

However,I ended up in my white plane crop t-shirt, black pant.I put on my black coat and black heels.I tied my hair in loose high pony so that the little leftover curls of my dark black hair looks vivid.

I look like I am going for business meeting. Frustrating.

Linn was still in her dressing room. Oh god! How long will she take. I guess, being sexy is not an easy job.

I was wondering around Linn's huge home where she lives alone with kathy, her houseworker, whom Linn fondly calls granny.It is truly a modern piece to be in with all the equipments required. I think Linn loves to come to my home for company.

I was looking on the mirror in Linn's bedroom when my phone vibrated on the side table of her bed.

A book fell down from the table while I grabbed my phone hurriedly.