Chapter 12

Life is full of surprises.Just breathe and let it happen.

***

I was suprised to see people crowded around every notice board in 'The Sampsons High School'the same afternoon.Is it about exams again? Obviously not.How can it be?

First, I clearly remember finals are after two months.There is enough time.Second, who, in this school, fucking care about exams except some of the nerds and me, although I am not a nerd.

However, I was taken aback by Linn's expression.Her expression didn't seem to change a bit by the scene.

Something is up.

I raised both my eyebrows at Linn asking for clarification.

She shrugged her shoulders giving WHAT? kind of expression.

"Is there something you wanna tell me?What is the scene about?"I asked, folding my arms.

"Uhh..Its about the competition called 'The Champion Of The Decade." Linn replied,her expression motionless as before.

"Decade..that means this competition is organized every ten years?"I asked, curiosity evident on my tone.

"Exactly.It is more of a tittle every business tycoon wants his child to have.My dad is coming in the town today. I hope its not about this competition."Linn said.

"That's so cool.Don't you think its drama kind of thing, Linn?"I said dreamily.

"Yeah that's what I am trying to say.I have heard many stories about people going beyond their boundaries for this tittle. It seems more like a dirty game than a prestigious one to me."Linn said, barely blinking her eyes.She does that while analysing things.

"The thing is I don't want to be on limelight.I just want to live a normal life." Linn added.

"If you don't want to, just leave it.Don't stress yourself okay?"I said, hugging her from sideways.

Linn nodded her head.But I know her too well, she will think about this until her head hurts.

The speaker in every corner of the school blurted.It happens once in a bluemoon when there is urgent announcement or confession to make.It is controlled from confession room. I have never been there.

Someone announced making us all alert,
'Dear students.Deadline for the registration for The champion of decade is Friday afternoon i.e. tomorrow.You all know the requirements.Good luck!'

This school was never this quiet. Everybody seemed to be in his or her own thought.I don't blame them whatsoever the competition is whole lot of risky and prestigious. A loud bang of the door interrupted the silence. The silence was soon followed by murmurs.I turned around to see Aiden Asshole storming out the principal's office.He looked scary.

Who the hell bang the door of principle's office this loud?He is really a rude arrogant freak.

I could hear people say, 'Oh that's Mrs.Sampson', 'That's rare"...
But Mrs.Sampson wasn't the reason that captured my mind. Why was asshole that angry anyway?

"I have to leave.What's wrong Evy?" Linn's voice brought me back to reality.

"Uh..What?"I asked,scratching my cheek.

"Don't think much Evy.I will be okay." Linn said, putting both her hands on my shoulders.

Her words were like jab to my heart.Linn is in such condition and here I am thinking about asshole.Disgusting.

I nodded my head and Linn continued holding up her cellphone with the help of her right hand, "Dad is at home.He wants to see me.I must leave now.Wanna join?"