Chapter Twelve: A Friendly Outing?

BLAKE'S P.O.V

Beautiful. Her shy smile, those blue eyes, that cute little blush that appears on her face. She's so innocent and beautiful. She's the sunshine to my dark world. I've been in the dark for so long and she's slowly bringing me out without noticing. I've never seen anyone so innocent like her. She's so fragile and small.

After years I can be able to smile, laugh, be the old me again. I'm missing a big part of me, which I don't doubt, but she makes me forget of all my worries. The few moments I'm with her, she can bring out the best in me. Samantha, my Samantha -soon to be, I hope.

Will she feel the same about me? Ugh, what am I thinking, of course not? She probably see's me like a good friend or even a brother. I can't break myself once again, but yet she is the only one who can amend my heart. I want to hate her mate, for being a stupid jackass, but I also want to thank him, 'cause if it wasn't for him she wouldn't be here. Is that too selfish?

Once she finds out the truth, she will probably think I'm as bad as her mate, no, no, no, even worse. She will probably hate me and would want to leave. What I did was despicable, but I had no other way. Even though it tore my heart to pieces I had to do it or even I wouldn't be here today. I just hope that once she finds out she can understand me.

***********************

Samantha's p.o.v

It's been three days since I last felt him be with someone. I could sit here and cry about it, but I'm not. I'm going to be strong, not for me, but for my babies. Once I have them in my arms I want them to know that I'll be strong for them in every type of way. In a way I'm glad I haven't felt his betrayal once again, it's too unbearable and I don't want no one to know. It will just be my little secret for now.

I walk down the corridors of the house until I reach a familiar door. I knock and go in.

"Hi" I smile

"Good afternoon Samantha, what can I help you with" Katherine stands up from her chair to greet me.

"I just want to ask if everything is ok, you know with my pregnancy," I say.

"Oh you're doing fine darling, just make sure to be hydrated, well-rested, stress-free and all that stuff and you will be fine" She signals for me to sit "How is the morning sickness treating you"

"Sometimes I wake up feeling awful and go straight to the bathroom other days I wake up perfectly fine like nothing" I simply say.

"Typical, well at least you're almost halfway through your first trimester, which reminds me" She looks at her papers for a brief moment "I need you to come by in 3-4 weeks to do an ultrasound and hear the babies' heartbeats".

Finally! I'll be able to see them, even if it's just through a monitor.
"I'll be here, " I say enthusiastically.

"Perfect, drop by any time during those weeks"

"Sure will" I can only imagine how the look. Will they have my hair, my eyes, my nose, my skin color. I don't care how they look like I just want to have them with me.

"Is there anything else?" She asks breaking me out of my trance.

"Oh no, thank you by the way" I smile "I'll come by in a few weeks".

"Okay see you then" She smiles back. I stand up and say goodbye before leaving. I walk back down the halls to where everyone is at.

"How did it go," Julie asks walking towards me.

"Good, I'll have an ultrasound in about 3-4 weeks"

She squeals "really! Can I please come with you".

"Sure I don't think Kat will mind if you do," I say.

"Okay, just tell me when and I'll go" I just nod.

"Hello ladies, can I steal Samantha real quick" I didn't even notice when Blake approached us.

"Of course, I have something to do anyways, bye" She turns to me, wiggles her eyebrows and leaves.

I stand there awkwardly waiting for him to talk, but all he does is stares at him like he is in a trance. I awkwardly cough taking him out of the trance.

"Oh, uh sorry" he scratches the back of his neck.

"It's okay, is there something you need"

"Yeah umm," he adverts his eyes all around the room " I wanted to ask you if" he fiddles with his fingers, is he nervous? " If you wanted to go out this Saturday".

"As a date," I ask him.

"No, I mean yes, yes but you know as a friendly outing" he is nervous, how cute.

"Sure I'd love too" I give him an encouraging smile. He sighs in relief.

"Ok, great"

"Where will we go for this 'friendly outing" I make air quotes.

"It's a surprise, just wear something casual"

"Okay"

"Where are you heading right now," he asks.

"The kitchen, it's time to eat" I run my belly.

He chuckles "and what are we having to eat"

"It's a surprise" I copy his words.

"Then let's head to the kitchen" he takes my hand and walks me to the kitchen.

*************

After we finished eating, we watched tv, even though we didn't pay much attention. He talked about his childhood and how he used to be a troublemaker as a kid. I'm surprised he was such a troublemaker, he seems so serious at times.

He is starting to open up, maybe at some point he can tell me more. With what he had told me, I can't find what seemed to change him so drastically like Colin says. He had a happy childhood with his brother and parents, but I can see some pain in his eyes just talking about them. Speaking of his parents, I haven't seen them around since I've been here. Actually, I haven't seen any of the boys' parents, where can they all be? On vacation maybe?

I want to ask him, but I don't want to seem nosy. If he wants to tell me then he will tell me, I won't push it. I look at him, he seems distant, like he was thinking of something.

I tap him "hey, are you okay"

He looks down at me and gives me a forced smile "yeah, I was just thinking of something" his eyes seem glossy "I have some papers to look over, I'll talk to you later okay" I nod my head. He stands from the couch and leaves.

Weird, was he about to break down right in front of me? I didn't say anything so it couldn't have been me. It must have been something we were talking about, maybe his parents? I want to ask so many questions, but there will be no point. I'll just have to be patient and wait till I can get them from him, on his own will.

***************