Chapter Twenty: Small Outburst

Samantha's p.o.v 

     He did it again. Once again he has managed to hurt me. I try to be happy, I do, but the pain is too much. I want to forget about my past and move on, but when I try to do that, he somehow hurts me. We aren't even in the same state! Have I not suffered enough? I just want peace.

     I wipe away the silent tears running down my face. I know I shouldn't be crying, especially for him. I have cried enough for him. He doesn't deserve my tears and he definitely doesn't deserve to be my mate. How foolish was I to actually think that I would be happy with my mate? After everything, all I wanted was for my mate to love me and accept me. Instead, I got him.

     Even after all this, I wouldn't change a single thing I did back in the janitors closet. It might sound pathetic, but if it wasn't for him I wouldn't be pregnant with my three little pups. Who would have thought that I, Samantha, would be having triplets? If someone were to tell me this two years ago, I would probably have laughed, but now I think it's one of the best experience and also one of the most painful. I will have a family. 

     My door opens revealing Blake holding a cup of orange juice. Oh, Blake, I can only imagine what's running through his head at this moment. He has questions and I have the answers, yet I don't want him to know. I know he will want to help, but there is nothing else he or I can do. How long will it have to endure this?

     He hands me the cup and sits next to me. He doesn't say anything, he just spaces out looking at the wall. He's probably thinking of what to say or ask. The silence lingers between us making it somewhat awkward.

     "So.." he pauses "If I may ask, what happened just a few hours ago". I knew it, I knew he would want to know and ask, but again like last time I will keep quiet on it. I just shake my head and look down at the comforter.

     He tilts my head up making me look at his eyes "Why won't you tell me". I look at him not saying anything, tears once again start to build up.

     "I can't" I finally choke out. It's bad enough he knows I was rejected, but to tell him that my so-called mate has been sleeping with someone else and not caring if I feel like someone is repeatedly stabbing me, I just can't. I don't want him or anyone to look at me in pity. For 12 years no one had given me pity for what they had done to me and I don't want it now.

     "Yes, yes you can. You say you trust me, but yet you don't want to tell me what's going on" his voice rises a bit but then gets softer "I just want to help you and know what's going on with you". Blake I can say the same about you...

     "I know and I do trust you I...I just can't say right now" If only saying anything I wanted was so easy that I didn't have to think twice about, but it's not.

     I heard him give out a loud sigh. "Just tell me one thing," he says and I nod my head "is it the same thing that happened last time when we found you in the clearing".

     "Yes," I mumbled. He shakes his head, stands up and leaves. I just look at his figure disappears. I hear a loud crash which makes me jump up a bit. He's mad. I want to call him back in, but im scared that he will just yell at me. I don't want to get yelled at, so I let him walk away. Once he's calm we will be able to talk.

************

Blake's p.o.v

     She says she trusts me, but can't tell me what's going on. I want to understand her, but she won't let me. If only I could read her mind. This is so frustrating! I know I don't let her in as much either, but just seeing her cry out in pain, pains me. She's caring pups for fuck's sake. I am just trying to help her.