Chapter Thirteen: Our Date

JAKE'S P.O.V

I pace back and forth "so you still have nothing for me," I say through gritted teeth.

"N-No sir, we still can't find a single trace of her" Ben backs up hitting the wall.

I snap my head towards him "How can you say, you're the best fucking tracker there is if you can't even find a single trace of where my mate can be" I growl stalking over to him.

"I-I, I mean we tried tracking her by her bank account to see if she has used any of her money, but she hasn't" he covers back slightly trembling, pathetic. If I want something to get done I have to do it myself, but even though I really want to, I can't leave the pack.

I grab him by the collar and pin him against the wall "If I ever find out that you aren't telling me something, you will beg me to kill you after I'm done with you". I threaten him, letting it all sink in.

"N-No s-sir, I would n-never" he stutters avoiding my cold gaze. Something about him tells me that he is lying, but he is the best I have for now.

"Leave" I growl. I back away from him and he ran out the door.

I let out a frustrated groan and pull the ends of my hair roughly. I'm not getting anywhere with this guy. Every time he comes, it's the same thing, no trace of her.

My main priority is to find her before my time is up. How I wish my father would give me more time. He knew of my situation since the beginning, he knows I'm trying to look for her, he knows that I want to get her back, but yet he only gives me four more months left.

On top of that I've been having the worst headache for about a week now and with my wolf growling at every second of the day, isn't helping either. He hasn't talked just growled at everything I do or say. He won't tell me what's wrong. It probably has to do with something I did while I was drunk, but I can't remember a single thing.

I try to remember what happened that night, all I can remember is sitting in my office and drinking my sorrows away -not like it even helped. After that everything was a blur, I ended back in my room, still fully clothed. I must have done something stupid, but as much as I try nothing comes to mind. I didn't notice anything strange, but how can I know, if I don't remember.

I sigh before walking out my door. It's no use, I can't remember and my wolf won't tell me what happened. I walk into the living room where some people were just talking or watching what's on tv. Once again my wolf starts growling, I look around trying to figure out at what he's growling at.

I growl out loud frustrated. "What or who are you growling at," I ask Rex (his wolf). No response. I look around and everyone had bowed their head down in submission. No said anything, but I can hear their accelerated heartbeats.

I look at them one more time before making my way outside. It must be someone from there, but who? I will get to the bottom of this.

*******************************

Unknown p.o.v

"What has he told you," I ask Ben who just came in not too long ago.

"Not much, but I think he's on to me," He says nervously.