Original Werewolf

First Weekly Entry

                                                                                             Origins

He felt his knees give in, the ground beneath him sunk as his massive frame sagged and molded itself into the wet earth, he released a sigh of exhaustion, the stings from the gashing wounds becoming nothing but a distant feeling as his body numbed. He would welcome death, because it was the only thing that would take him from the misery he would have to endure without her, without his love. Breathing in rapidly he fell on his hands, laying his head on the cool earth.

"Atheso" a soft voice carried through the wind towards him, he looked up slowly, eyes unfocused and hazy, a woman stood a before him in the glow of the twin moon, her eyes a continuous white and hair as silvery as the moon it seemed to reflect its own light.

Arethesa

He breathed in harshly, feeling his lungs constrict "don't fight it Atheso", he growled in irritation when the siren tried to come closer, his eyes blazing a startling silver, they took his love from him, her kind and even as he knew his life force was draining at his knees in thick red pools he wouldn't deprive himself the luxury of ripping the heart of another traitor from their chest.

But he knew he wouldn't be able to touch her, he had entered her realm and she was the Moon Goddess, unfazed by his threat the woman came closer her form seemed to float as she circled him, the light blue layered dress she wore dancing in the wind as she went.

She watched the most favoured soldier of Olympus as his breaths shortened and he heaved on his knees, noting the fury that still seemed to blaze in his peculiar eyes even through his suffering, she knew he didn't trust her – she didn't need him to – but she still tried to persuade him, if only to place another weapon of hers on the board.

"I can help you Atheso" she tried again, stopping in front of the dying man "it has already begun, let me help you Atheso"

He breathed in harshly, his head falling back as he stared at the twin moon that hovered in the starless sky, one a shadow of its successor, he wished he could just leave now to join his love but fate was an unkind woman and he waited and waited in vain but it never came and for just a moment he thought it did, when all had stilled and his breathing had shallowed to a still.

But then he felt small cool hands rest above his heart, and he knew nature had more in store for him, his eyes snapped to the Goddess that had dared defy the ultimate God of Olympus to help him, his eyes narrowed at her not trusting the siren that had led thousands of immortals to their deaths.

Arethesa

"I can help you Atheso" she spoke again, her voice a faint whisper, her form flashing in and out of focus before his eyes "Please let me help you"

A few painful seconds passed before he felt an electricity burn through his veins and with it the pain from his fatal wound slammed into him tenfold and he arched his back releasing an agonizing howl that seemed to vibrate through the silent forest as his bones began breaking.

He glared at the woman as she floated away, her form immediately solidifying once more.

His vision blurred as he felt a sharp pain shoot through his entire being, he felt his body stretch, felt his bones reconstruct and every crack that filled the night was followed by the pained cry of a man that begged for death.

When the pain stopped instantly he gasped ruggedly, hearing a dog-like snort, he felt anew, he took his very first breath as an immortal, his very first breath not only as a man, but as a beast.

towering over her, he finally realised he was not in his human flesh, he stood on powerful hind legs, a trail of black veins lining his body to display the evil that had been a part of his creation, he snarled at her, realising she had in fact turned him into a monster, he tried to lunge for her but was held back by a force within him that wanted to bow to the conniving woman before him.

"You will be the first of many Atheso, you will be the first of my master plan" her melodic voice carried across the expanse of his mind as he felt his body lighten and turn weightless and a blinding white light consumed his vision "it's only right that you find your home".