5.

CHAPTER FIVE

Marriage.

The concept was a normal occurrence in the werewolf community and dated back to centuries, even though they were very different from a typical human wedding they were still a great moment of happiness, of love, a moment Alexandra swore she would never see in her life.

She had always been labelled a defect, a homeless child, no one knew where she came from or how she survived but she did and she found a home but the past always has a way of influencing the future and people speculated that her wolf didn't arrive on her tenth birthday because of the terrible things that happened to her as a child.

Everyone knew her story, everyone knew of the lost child and so she couldn't stop the feeling of dread sinking into her stomach as she sat by herself in a large brown-gold painted room filled with the finest things.

She was to be queen.

She sprang to her feet as the thought circled her mind and began pacing with trembling limbs, the scar on her neck had healed into an ugly red mold on her caramel skin and was tender to the touch.

She sighed just as a knock came at the door and she froze, it seemed to happen so quickly, a maiden had told her that she would be called when it came time for her to be introduced to the Werewolves as their future Queen.

She opened the door a moment later, her heart literally exploded as she gazed at the Queen in a red floor length dress her eyes roaming Alexandra with cold curiosity.

"I would love to have a conversation with you, Alexandra"

Alexandra curtseyed quickly "Of course your majesty" Alexandra muttered her frame trembling fiercely, the entire world knew of the queen and her cold expressionless demeanour. Alexandra knew nothing could be done to stop the marriage between her and the King except for her death and she wondered if the Queen was there to end her life before she became a disgrace to the royal family.

She knew it was a stupid thought but she couldn't help the negative scenarios that ran through her mind, after exiting the room both ladies strolled leisurely down the hall bordered with walls of stones, she gazed at the wall in fake fascination to stop her eyes from wondering to her soon to be Mother in law.

"I am aware of your status child" 

A chill ran down Alexandra's spine as she squared her shoulders "Of course y-" 

"And I would like to think that at all times the welfare of the Werewolf kingdom is your top priority" Alexandra bit her lip for a moment to stop her growl of irritation at the womans obvious act of disrespect. 

"Yes, your majesty" 

"Then you will do what is needed to be done, to ensure the continuation of the Werewolf royal line?" Alexandra frowned as they stopped before the crescent shaped door that led to the throne room, Werewolves from all over the world were filing in and Alexandra swallowed the lump of nerves that welled in her throat. 

"Anything, your majesty" A slow almost devious smile spread across the queens frozen features "Good" she drawled, just as the crowd was silenced by the drums and the Queen was announced. 

Alexandra watched transfixed at the grace of the queen, how she smiled demurely and took her place standing by the Kings throne, Alexandra's mind ran for a moment on the previous King, who was last rumored to be seen months ago. 

She felt tingles of pleasure rake her body and she took a deep breath, smelling fresh rain and the underlying scent of burnt sugar, it was completely intoxicating that when she felt callous hands gently massage her shoulders she wasn't terrified. 

Hot breath fanned her neck and heat shot from the scar at her neck to her very core, "I can't wait to make you officially mine" his voice was low and husky, with a promise of things that would surely make her head spin. 

They announced the King and just as he came, he left and Alexandra exhaled slowly, with a shake of her head. focus. 

He strode across the platform, his strides strong and determined, it reminded her of the man he was, A man that faced an entire army of rogues when he was only a child, a man that protected the Kingdom at all cost, even at the cost of his uncle and baby sisters life. Alexander wrung her hands together tightly, trying to fight off the nerves, she was in the process of marrying a very powerful man and she wasn't sure she could live up to people's expectation.

"It is a time of celebration" The Queen announced, "The King has chosen a Queen, Alexandra Amira" an uproar began almost immediately as the Alpha's stepped forward, the Queen raised a hand to silence them. Alexandra had prepared herself for this, the opposition that would surely follow the announcement.

The Queen gestured for Alexandra to step forward and with her heart in her throat she glided towards the queen, the silver dress given to her trailing behind, it complimented her golden brown complexion, the uproar became louder and the Queen smiled pleasantly at the people as her son stood beside Alexandra. 

She felt his aura coil around her and she released a breath as her nerves lessened, his power stretch towards the expanse of the room, so potent it felt as if it solidified and enveloped her, the crowd silenced themselves when they felt the power that rolled off him and the Queen nodded in appreciation. 

"Alexandra, with the Kingdoms future in mind has agreed to allow the King to chose a concubine, in order to continue the Royal line, this woman will give birth to the next King of the Werewolf Kingdom"

FINALLY RIGHT?

this Christmas will be all about writing :)