2.

Alexandra heard the sound of knees hitting the concrete floors of the castle echo lightly across the room and as the red head beside her kneeled she too took the floor in the proper greeting befitting a king, she heard the soft brush of his fabric along the floor as he passed along all the  maidens laid out before him – all the maidens he had the option of choosing a potential mate from.

Everyone knew true mates were only meant for a Lycan, only meant for the creatures in the favour of  the Moon Goddess and she wondered now – on her knees before her King if the Moon Goddess was surely playing tricks with them, she answered him, for the very first time in the history of her kind holding the crown, the Moon Goddess has answered the call of a Werewolf King, for days the news was the only topic of interest among the Werewolves and some even speculated that the King, was in fact, a Lycan.

But Alexandra knew better, he was no Lycan – couldn't be, because she was before him, he still – just like hundreds of Kings before has to chose a mate himself because one was not appointed to him by the Moon Goddess herself.

"Rise"

She heard his firm, monotone voice and her, with a total of seven other girls rose to meet their King, he sat upon the throne, in just a plain t-shirt and dark pants and a dark floor length coat that had hints of gold. His eyes ran along the line of girls, Alexandra knew this was not the first time a batch of girls has been brought to him, she remembered clearly a few times girls being ushered to him in the dead of the night only to return in a bath of tears because of rejection and she was sure this batch – her batch would be no different, King Dimitri from his time as a prince had already exhausted the females of the upper rank over the years and now, because of that, this batch only consisted of Omega's and outcasts among the werewolves.

"These are the last batch of females in all the lands your majesty, unless you would like us to request the ladies below eighteen in our next letters to the Alpha's?"

"That won't be necessary," he stated, his face a mask of darkness from the clouds obscuring the distant half moon "the two ladies at the end will be the last of my guests to stay with us for the next month, please take them to their rooms and a formal introduction of all seven ladies will commence in the morning"

Alexandra's heart raced when an arm touched her shoulder and she looked to her side only to realise that she was one of the two – she had simply agreed to be presented before the King to appease her adoptive Mother, never, in her twenty years of life had she thought that she would've been one of the seven ladies chosen by the King to stay at the Royal castle for a month in hopes of becoming the next Queen of Werewolves.

A/N

These are teaser chapters guys!. btw, this MIGHT be a short book, about 30 chapters or so.

WOULD LIKE TO THANK @GoldenSongBird for making me a cover for Lycan!, I appreciate it a lot love!