Chapter One

A/N- This book is dedicated to three people. One, the real Hannah, who went to be with the Lord on Saturday, 1-16. Numbers two and three, @messenger237, and @ispyanialler. Thank you guys!

Hannah's POV
I yanked my Batman t-shirt over my head, pulled my hair back into a ponytail, and put on my 'I love you to the Moon and back' necklace, heading down the stairs as fast as my legs would carry me. Mom had gotten a phone call, and she was in tears. Dad had left earlier this morning, and he should've been back half an hour ago. Isaac and Skylar were still asleep, so mom asked me to be in charge while she left, and she'd call once she had more news. I got down there, and she kissed me on the cheek, heading out. I grabbed my book, which was The Bones of Makaidos, by Bryan Davis. The phone rang, and I scrambled to get it. Uncle Joel. I decided to pick up. It had only been a couple minutes since mom had left, so I figured it would be okay.

"Hey, Uncle Joel. How're you?" I heard a chuckle.
"Pretty good. How's life there?" I sighed.
"Okay. Mom and dad aren't here right now. Dad left before I got up, and mom got a phone call and left." I heard voices in the background.
"Yeah. I'll do that later. Sorry. Moriah asked me to so something. How's basketball?" I chuckled.
"Awesome. We've got a game tomorrow afternoon at 2:30. Could you guys come?" I heard him talking to someone else.
"Probably. Where is it?" I looked at the calendar.
"It's at the YMCA. We're playing Faith Christian academy's Warriors." He chuckled.
"Awesome. You remember Joran's girlfriend Elisa? Her sister plays for them. We were planning on going anyway, so that works out." I laughed quietly.
"Cool! I hope they're good we've never played them before." We talked about other stuff for a couple things. Then, I heard a crashing in the background.
"Shoot! Sorry, Anna. The dog is causing trouble again. See you tomorrow. Tell your mom I said hi! Love you!" I chuckled.
"Okay, I will. Love you too!" I hung up, and went back to my book. After another half-hour, the phone rang again, and I heard footsteps upstairs.

"Hello?" For a minute, no one spoke.
"Hannah?" Mom, and she sounded upset.
"Yeah. Mom, what's going on? Are you and dad okay?" She was crying as she spoke.
"You- your dad was in a car accident. It was a hit-and-run accident. He- he hasn't woken up yet." I dropped my book, and my legs gave out.
"Is- is he going to be okay? I mean, is he going to-" I couldn't bring myself to say the word die.
"The doctors don't think so. They're saying he's in a coma." I tried to calm myself, but I couldn't.
"Okay. I'm coming over. Do you want Isaac and Sky to come too?" She sighed.
"Not really. Do you think you could take them to Joel's?" I sighed. I could do that.
"Yeah. Be there in twenty. Love you." I hung up, hollering at my younger siblings.
"Hey! Get dressed, now! I've gotta go meet mom!" They came down, already dressed and with shoes on.
"Isaac listened on the extension." Skylar was in tears as she told me that.
"Is dad going to be okay?" I hugged her, and she wrapped her arms around me as well.
"God knows what he's doing. It's going to be okay. Come on. You two are going to Uncle Joel's." We got into the car, and headed over. Ten minutes later, I had explained everything to Moriah and Joel, and I was headed to the hospital. I was sitting in the waiting room, and I saw a teenage girl sitting there, crying, so I headed over.

"Hey. Are you okay?" Her head jerked up, and she looked at me with tear-stained eyes.
"I'm okay. Sorry I bothered you. I'm Kathryn Guthrie." I smiled.
"I'm Hannah Dixon." She looked at me, shocked.
"Dixon? As in Colton Dixon? The Christian music artist?" I chuckled.
"Yeah. He's my dad." She smiled sadly.
"That's kinda cool." A woman walked towards her, and she jumped up.
"Sorry. I've got to go." I scribbled my number down on a piece of paper.
"Call me sometime. Maybe we can get together sometime." She nodded, and we heard a voice.
"Kathryn! Come on! Let's go! Now!" She ducked away, and I saw mom coming down the hall. She beckoned to me, and I followed her. We got to dad's room, and opened the door. I saw him lying there, and he had bruises and cuts all over his face. It was so strange, seeing him like that, and he was hooked up to several different things, and he was on oxygen. He looked so different and he looked almost small among all those machines. It looked like he was already dead, and I couldn't do that. I looked at mom, and she hugged me as I buried my face in her shoulder, and sobbed. We sat down, and I just cried. Dad and I were really close, and thus was going to be hard. I thought about one of the songs dad had written, and I knew he meant it for a time like this. I need an Anchor, to hold me through the storm. I see the danger, can't fight it on my own. I'm crying out, I'm going down, on the edge and I need you now, my savior. I need an Anchor. I sighed. I was sure God knew what he was doing, I just wasn't sure why he was doing this or how he would use it. I just had to trust that God would be our Anchor. As I headed back home, I thought about Kathryn, and what I had seen, and I prayed silently for her.

"God, be with her. Be with Kathryn. I know something happened today that upset her. Be with her, and show her you're there."

Author's note- hello again! I did it! So, In here, Kathryn is @forKINGANDCOUNTRY1. If u want to be in here, give me a name, age, and slight character description in the comments, and I shall do what I can to put you in here. Love you guys! -Christianwhovian