Chapter Five

Hope's POV
I couldn't breathe. How? How could this happen? She had been fine, and now- now she had cancer. She didn't know yet. I had just gotten the phone call, and she was at the hospital, sitting with Colton. He had been unconscious for ten weeks, and I wasn't sure how I was going to keep going. Andi sat beside me, in tears, and so we simply sat there, hugging each other and crying. Isaac came downstairs, looking worried.

"Mom? What-what's wrong?" He sat down on the other side of me, putting his arm around me.
"Your sist- Hannah, she has leukemia." He choked, and he too, started crying. Andi tried to wipe away her tears, but was unsuccessful.

"I'm going to head on back to my house. I'm so sorry." She whispered, standing up. I stood with her, letting her out, and went back to the sofa. Skylar was upstairs, watching Nanny McPhee, so I left her alone. As Isaac and I sat there, just hugging each other, I thought about this. It just didn't seem fair that she would be diagnosed with something like this! And how was she going to take the news about her diagnosis?

Hannah's POV
I sat beside dad's bed, holding his hand and talking to him quietly.

"The Eagles were undefeated this season. Half the team says it's because I was playing. I said it's because we've just gotten better. I wish you would wake up." I said suddenly, crying.
"Mom doesn't sing anymore, and she hardly ever smiles. The only time she truly smiles is when she's talking to Andi and Collins about their baby." I lay my head down, gently squeezing his hand.
"Please, God." I whispered.
"God, please. Please let him wake up and come home. Please. I just want my daddy to wake up. I want my daddy back." Tears streamed down my cheeks, and I gently squeezed his hand again. This time though, I felt something. It felt like someone else putting pressure on my hand. I sat up quickly, and I saw his hand move. I gasped, and he turned towards me, slowly opening his eyes.

"Hey baby girl." He whispered, and I started crying again, as he put his hand up to my cheek.
"Aw, no. Don't start crying on me again. I'm not going to die. How long was I asleep?" I sighed, wiping away the tears.
"About three months." He chuckled, attempting to sit up, and hitting the nurse button in the process.
"Aww, what?! I didn't wanna hit that! Now people are going to start fussing and asking for autographs." We both shared a laugh at that, and the doctor came in. He did a couple things, and pronounced that this was a miracle and he was back.

"Well, how have things been between Isaac and Miranda?" I chuckled.
"Fairly decent. Miranda dumped him. I don't know if that puts a damper on things or not." His eyebrows shot up.
"Uh-oh. What did he do this time?" I chuckled.
"Surprisingly, nothing. She dumped him for someone that she thought was cuter than him." Dad chuckled, and gave me a goofy grin.
"And how about you and Benjamin? Things going okay?" I rolled my eyes.
"Da-ad! You know he goes by Ben! And we are still dating. He officially asked me to be his girlfriend about a month ago, and I accepted." Dad nodded.
"Good. Don't let him run off, not unless things are going absolutely nowhere on the relationship and you are just acting like you would with any other cute boy." I sighed. He always had some kind of advice, but he was normally right. Now, my ex-boyfriend, Robbie, he was just a regular nutcase. We talked for another hour, and then mom called.

"Hey mom. What's up?" She chuckled.
"The sky and the ceiling. How're you doing?" I grinned at dad. This was gonna be fun.
"Mom, I- you might want to get over here as soon as possible." I heard a sense of urgency in her voice.
"What? Is he okay? What's going on?" I tried not to burst out laughing.
"Dad's okay, but there's someone here who asked you to come over here. I'm not quite sure who on earth it is." I heard the car start in the background.
"Okay. I'm on my way. I'll be there in ten. Love you." I repeated the last bit, and hung up. We both burst out laughing.
"You know she's going to have your hide when she gets over here, right?" Dad said through his laughter.
"I know. I just want to hear her laugh again. She hasn't sung since the accident, and she only truly smiles when she's talking with Collins and Andi about the baby." He looked sad and confused at the same time, which was impressive.
"Who're they?" I pulled up a picture on my phone.
"New neighbors. Apparently he and his brother Devon have a pretty popular YouTube channel." He chuckled, and we heard footsteps outside the door.
"Anna, should I play dead?" I shook my head no.
"Just lay down and be quiet. Try to scare her if you can." He lay down, and she opened the door as I tried to not laugh.
"Hannah, are you okay? Who was here? Who were they?" I took a deep breath.
"They- they said they were my dad." As I said that, mom looked terrified. Then, dad sat up, and scared her.
"Well, I am, aren't I?" She jumped, half screaming, and nearly hit the ceiling, and then finally looked at him.
"What in the- Michael Colton Dixon, don't you ever scare me like that again!" He saluted her.
"Yes, ma'am!" Everyone laughed at that, mom included.
"The doctor said he should be able to come home by the twenty third." Mom smiled, but it was a sad smile.
"Hey, Hope, what's wrong? Something happened. Tell me, please." She sat on the edge off dad's bed, holding his hand.
"Well, on the bright side, Andi told me that it's twin boys." I nearly bounced up and down, and then, mom continued.
"Colton, Hannah had a doctor's appointment this morning, because she had bruises that wouldn't go away for a couple of weeks, and they found out what it is. She has leukemia." I felt like I had been punched in the stomach. Leukemia?! I held mom's hand, hugging dad at the same time. I knew God had to be doing something, I just wanted to know what it was, and why he was doing this. But in the end, even if things don't happen the way we want them to, God is still good. He is still a good father to us all.

Author's note- hello! I finally got this up....12 hours later than I intended...Anyhoo, hope you guys are enjoying! Please vote and comment! Love you guys!! :)