Chapter Three

Andi's POV
We had met Hope, Hannah, Isaac, and Skylar last night, and we heard what happened to their dad. I knew what that was somewhat like, since I'd had a cousin who was killed in a car accident. Collins and I agreed that we did have new friends, and we were not planning on going anywhere anytime soon. When I woke up, I knew something was up. I felt really queasy, and when I tried to eat, my stomach gave out, and I had to bolt for the bathroom. I sat there, losing what felt like everything I'd eaten in the last week, when I felt warm hands on my shoulders, pulling my hair back.

"Guess I'm not going to be much help, again today, now am I?" I croaked, leaning backwards.
"It's okay. I'll ask of Hope and her family can help out some. You rest." I finally made it back to bed, when I looked at the calendar.
"Shoot!" I thought.
"I thought the appointment was next Friday." I slowly got back up, showered, and got dressed, heading back downstairs.

"Hey babe. I've actually got my doctor's appointment in half an hour." I said, slipping my arms around his waist.
"Okay. Do you want me to drive you?" I nodded.
"I'm just going to say yes, since you're not going to take no for an answer." He chuckled.
"Okay. Can you just call me when you're done, and I'll pick up the stuff we need for the house?" I nodded, and slipped my shoes on. Twenty minutes later, I was heading in.

"Hi, how can I help you?" A sweet looking receptionist sat at the desk at a computer.
"Um, I have an appointment with Dr. Lewis at 11:00." She tapped a couple keys and nodded.
"You're Andi Key, correct?" I nodded, and she smiled.
"Okay. I will let her know that you're here." I thanked her, and sat down. A couple minutes later, she came out, and I headed back with her.

"Okay, Andi. You called to make an appointment because you have been sick lately, is that correct?" I nodded.
"Yes. It's started every morning about when I get up, and lasts most of the day." She nodded.
"I'm actually pretty sure I know what's going on here." She gestured for me to follow her, and we came to a room a little further towards the back. There was a bed and some kind of machine thing in there with a screen and some kind of want type thing on it.

"Could you lay down for me? I want to test a theory here." I did as she said, and she started the screen up. I slid my shirt up some, and she had to put some kind of gooey stuff on my stomach. She moved the wand thing around some, and broke into a smile a minute later.

"Well, guess I was right." She turned the screen towards me so I could see it.
"Congratulations, Andi. You're pregnant." She turned it off, and I sat back up, wiping the stuff off.
"So, about how long ago was the last time it happened?" I felt my face getting hot.
"Um...about six weeks ago." She nodded, and handed me a piece of paper.
"I'm going to have you start coming in about twice a month, just so we can make sure baby's okay." I smiled, taking the paper and the ultrasound pictures she handed me. I headed out, and made the next appointment. As I headed out, I called Collins.

"Hey babe. We're done, so whenever you finish, I'm ready." I heard a muffled thud in the background.
"Okay. I just finished, and I'm on my way over. You sound happier now." I smiled.
"Yeah, I am. I'll explain when we get home. See you in a few."
"Alright. See you in a few. Love you." I smiled again.
"Love you too." I hung up, and sat down to wait. Less than ten minutes later, I saw our car pull up. I headed over, climbing in. We talked about what we wanted to do with the house, and when we pulled up, I took a couple lighter bags, handing him the envelope with the pictures. I headed on in, and when I got back to the porch, he was grinning ear to ear.

"Well, I guess that's a pretty acceptable reason for your getting sick every morning." We finished unloading the car, and as soon as the door was shut, he kissed me, wrapping his arms around my waist. I smiled, returning the kiss and my arms went around his neck. We pulled away, and he hugged me. I smiled, hugging him as well. I didn't think things could be any better.

Hope's POV
I sat at the table with my coffee, sighing. I wasn't sure how all of this would play out. Colton was in a coma, and I was here trying to raise three teenagers without him. I was so grateful for Schyler and his parents right now, because they were taking turns waiting with him when I couldn't. My siblings were also wonderful. They had agreed to take turns doing what they could. I knew God would take care of us. I just didn't know how things would turn out. I heard a knock on the door, and I saw Andi standing there. I smiled, opening the door.

"Hey! You look like you have good news. Come on in." She thanked me, and sat down across from me.
"I do have good news. I'm pregnant." She smiled, and I nearly laughed out loud.
"Congratulations! That's wonderful! Do you know when the baby's due?" She shook her head.
"I literally just found out about the baby this morning. Also, would you mind if we stole your kids for a couple hours this afternoon around noon? I know Hannah has her game, so they'd be back by two o'clock at the latest." I nodded, smiling.
"Yes, that would be fine. How far along are you?" She showed me the ultrasound pictures, and I laughed, happy for them.
"About six weeks. I've apparently had morning sickness for the last ten days, so I made an appointment, and we found out about baby!" I hugged her, and we talked for another half-hour. All three kids were up by then, so I just sent them with her. I was glad to get the time alone. I remembered the bridge and chorus of the song Colton had written when Grace was in a coma, right before our wedding.
And this is who you are, more constant than the stars up in the sky, all these years of our lives. I, I look back and I see you, and right now, I still do. And I'm always going to. I have won, I have lost. I got it right sometimes, but sometimes I did not. Life's been a journey, I've seen joy, I've seen regret. Oh, but you have been my God Through all of it.

Author's note- Hello! So, we are snowed in, and can't go to church this morning, so I finished a chapter! Hope you guys like it, and again, if you want to be a character in here, put name and slight character description in the comments. Love you guys! Please vote and comment! - Christianwhovian