Chapter Eleven

Hannah's POV
It was Easter Sunday, and the four of us were waiting to go up. Uncle Joel came back, smiling broadly.

"You ladies ready for this?" We nodded, and he grinned.
"Alright, well, it's almost time. Now, if you don't mind, could I join you with some percussion, and could your dad do piano?" I looked at the other girls, who just stood there, shocked.
"Sure. That would be pretty cool, so long as they don't faint." They blushed, and Joel and I laughed.
"Hey!" Genna protested. Then, Collins and Andi came up with their almost five month old boys.
"Hey, Anna. You guys ready for this?" Collins asked, and I giggled.
"Didn't someone just ask that question?" We laughed, and they went back to their seats, congratulating us on doing this. I peeked out, and saw mom, Skylar, Isaac, Collins, Devan, Andi, and all my aunts, uncles, and cousins. My grandparents were also there, as well as Genna's mom and siblings, and Dalia's parents. I also saw Ben and Kaelynn, and he caught my eye, smiling. Then, Pastor Evans came up.

"Well, first off, I'd like to thank each and every one of you for coming. Second, we have something very special waiting for you. One of the young ladies in our church, Hannah Dixon, was diagnosed with leukemia a few months ago. She and three of her friends from the hospital got permission to do a very special song for us. Grace Wins, by Matthew West. So, without any further ado, Hannah, Genna, Dalia, and Kathryn." We stepped out, and I saw Ben grinning. We had worked it out to where Genna would do the first verse, Dalia would do second, Kathryn and I would do the first two times through the chorus, and then we'd all do the last time through the chorus. Genna and Dalia would also alternate through the bridge. I started strumming, and I heard dad and Joel start, and then Genna started singing.

In my weakest moment I see you
Shaking your head in disgrace
I can read the disappointment
Written all over your face.
Here come those whispers in my ear.
Saying who do you think you are?
Looks like you're on your own from here
Cause grace could never reach that far.

But in the shadow of the shame,
Beat down by all the blame,
I hear you call my name saying it's not over,
And my heart starts to beat so loud now,
Drowning out the doubt,
I'm down, but I'm not out.

There's a war between guilt and grace,
And they're fighting for a sacred space,
But I'm living proof, Grace Wins every time!
Yeah. No more lying down in death's defeat,
Now I'm rising up in victory,
Singing hallelujah, Grace Wins every time!

Words can't describe the way it feels
When mercy floods a thirsty soul.
A broken side begins to heal,
And grace returns what guilt has stole.

And in the shadow of the shame,
Beat down by all the blame,
I hear you call my name, saying it's not over,
And my heart starts to beat so loud now,
Drowning out the doubt,
I'm down but I'm not out.

There's a war between guilt and grace,
And they're fighting for a sacred space.
But I'm living proof, Grace Wins every time!
No more lying down in death's defeat,
Now I'm rising up in victory,
Singing hallelujah, Grace Wins every time!

For the prodigal son, grace wins.
For the woman at the well, grace wins.
For the bind man and the beggar, grace wins.
For always and forever, grace wins.
For the lost out in the street, grace wins.
For the worst part of you and me, grace wins.
For the thief on the cross, grace wins.
For a world that is lost!

There's a war between guilt and grace,
And they're fighting for a sacred space.
But I'm living proof, grace wins every time!
No more lying down in death's defeat,
Now I'm rising up in victory,
Singing hallelujah, grace wins every time!
Every time!

Yeah, I'm living proof grace wins every time!

We sang the last line together, and everyone stood, clapping and cheering. We grabbed hands, and we all took a bow, heading back down. When we got out of sight, we all started jumping up and down and hugging each other.

"That was awesome!" Dalia squealed, hugging me. Then, I saw someone standing there, gesturing to me. I looked at dad, and he came with me. We went over to where he was, and mom came back around with us.

"Hello." He looked like dad, but he had mom's eyes.
"Hi. What's your name? I'm-" He cut me off, smiling.
"Hannah. Yeah, I know. And these are your parents. I met them before. It's been awhile, though. You weren't born yet. I'm Joel." I heard mom gasp, and I saw that a tear was trickling down her cheek.
"H-how? I thought-" Joel hugged her, and I stood there, very confused.
"What's going on? How do you know them? And who exactly are you and why do you have the same name as my uncle?" Mom looked at me, a sad look in her eyes.
"Let me finish before you say anything. He's your brother. He was born about a year before you, but....but he was born with a missing heart valve. He never left the hospital. Then, a few months later, I found out I was going to have you and Isaac." I nearly cried.
"B-but why? Why didn't you tell us about him?" Dad sighed, fighting tears.
"To be honest, I don't know. We just never did, and I'm sorry about that. We should've told you, but we didn't. Can you forgive us for that?" I smiled sadly, nodding and giving Joel the biggest bear hug of my life.
"Yeah. I think maybe Isaac would like to know as well." Another voice interjected.
"Well, hope you don't mind I was eavesdropping on that." Isaac grinned, giving Joel a fist bump. Joel also grinned, and hugged him.
"You take care of Anna and Genna, you hear?" He nodded, and I grinned.
"Alright. Well, I've got to go. Hannah, see you soon. Bye guys. I love you all." Then, he faded. We went back to the service, smiling. Things seemed alright for now. We were happy, and God was taking care of us. We didn't understand why these things happened, but God's grace wins every time!

Author's note- Hello! I'm still alive! Sorry this took so long. The song is for messenger237. Also, go check out heavenknowsyoumatter and jilnysoto. Both really awesome Cravers that I read their books. Also look at the video up top. FK&C's episode of Bus Invaders. Again, if u want me to put a song in here, give me name and artist who did the song. I will not do most secular songs, and I most definitely will not do any with any sort of cussing. Thanks! :) - Craver_Priceless