Chapter Eight

Isaac's POV
This was it. Hannah and mom had left for the hospital a couple hours ago, and Hannah was starting chemo today. I was at home with Skyler and dad, and we were watching Do You Believe. We heard a knock on the door, and dad opened it to Collins and Andi. Dad broke into a huge grin, letting them in.

"Well, hey stranger. C'mon in." Dad and Collins had a lot of fun together, and they were already planning on grilling this summer.
"Hey, Isaac." Andi sat down beside me, hugging me.
"You doing okay?" I shrugged, fiddling with my necklace. It was a silver cross that Hannah had given me, and it said My God's Not Dead.
"Sort of. I mean, it's hard. My twin sister is in the hospital, and she might not make it to next Christmas." Andi nodded, smiling sadly.
"Yeah. I know it's not the same, but my younger brother, Phillip, was in a coma after a car accident. He died after three months." I smiled gently.
"I'm sorry. Was he a Christian?" She nodded.
"Yes. He actually brought me, Collins, and Devan to Christ as well. We just haven't found a church that we like yet." I nodded.
"Wanna come to our church on Sunday? We go to New Hope Baptist." She smiled a bit wider.
"I bet we can do that. And hey, if you guys need anything, let us know. We'll be glad to help." I tried to smile, with no luck.
"Thanks. I'll give you a holler if we do." Dad and Collins were coming back with fresh popcorn and root beer. Andi gave Collins a quizzical look.

"Are we staying?" He handed her a bowl and soda.
"If you're alright with that. I mean, the only thing on the agenda is the boys coming, and that's a not-sure-when." She rolled her eyes, accepting the bowl and glass. We all settled in, and dad had switched movies. This time it was a tv show. Once Upon A Time. I smiled weakly, munching on my popcorn. That was Hannah's favorite show. She had tried to hide it, but she had a crush on the actor that played Captain Hook, Colin O' Donaghue. Two episodes in, Andi headed out of the room. When she came back in, she was grimacing as she went over to Collins.

"Hey. I think it's time to go." He looked at her, confused.
"Go? You mean home?" She shook her head. He nearly jumped up, and he saluted her.
"Yes ma'am!" Despite the tension, we all laughed. As they left, I smiled gently. Maybe something nice could come out if this day.

Author's note- Hi! Short chapter! I'm a little tired, and I didn't have much time to write. I'll try to update again soon. Love you guys! Plz vote and comment!