Chapter Ten

Kathryn's POV
The four of us had been here for the last four months, and it had been as fun as it could be. When we were all feeling well enough, we'd go to one of our rooms, and Hannah normally had her guitar with her, and she'd play and sing, and if we knew the songs, we'd sing along. For me, it was I'd sing along if I knew it and could breathe. The four of us had agreed that we would go through this together and we'd beat our cancers together. Hannah's brother, Isaac, was coming every now and then, when he was able, and he and Genna had hit it off pretty well. He and Hannah's boyfriend, Ben, were coming to visit in a little while, and the four of us were in Hannah's room, talking.

"Hannah, I'm serious! You two make an adorable couple!" She blushed, smiling.
"Yeah? Well, what about you and my brother? He's sweet on you!" At that, Genna blushed, and Dalia and I laughed.
"She's got you there!" Dalia chirped, and Genna blushed even darker.
"No, he isn't. He can't be!" Hannah chuckled.
"Gen, he's my twin brother. I've lived with him for- how about we not go there? Anyways, I can tell with him. He and Elisabeth Wright broke up a couple months ago. She started dating a guy named Connor from the youth orchestra." Genna stared at her, stunned.
"Elisabeth Wright? She's my cousin! Are you serious? She and I are really close, and she cried for almost two days when they broke up." Hannah stared, wide-eyed.
"Whoa. That's so crazy! Oh, I almost forgot! Hey, guess what?" We all looked at her, curious.
"A chicken and a monkey's bu-" Dalia was stopped by me poking her in the shoulder.
"Quit that! What is it?" She was grinning, and I could tell it was going to be good.
"So, you guys know how we've been singing Grace Wins a lot lately?" We all nodded, somewhat confused, and her grin spread even wider.

"Well, I talked to our pastor and Dr. James, and they said that the four of us can do that song at our Easter service next week!" Genna and Dalia started chattering excitedly, but I hung my head. Hannah noticed, and took my hand.

"Hey. What's wrong?" I looked back up at her.
"One, my mom won't take me to something like that. And two, I'm not going to be able to breathe for long enough to do a song like that in front of a group of people." She smiled gently, hugging me.
"Its okay. My dad is going to pick us up from here, and he'll taken us there. And we'll figure out a way to do it so that we can all do it, and you won't pass out in the middle of it." We shared a laugh at that, and then, there was a knock on the door.

"Hello? Is this the right room?" We all laughed, and Ben and Isaac entered, also laughing. Isaac sat in between Hannah and Genna, and Ben sat beside Hannah and me. We did some more clowning around, and we saw a little girl peeking in the door.

"Hi, come on in." Hannah said, smiling. The girl was also wearing a hat, and she wore a shy smile.
"Hi. I'm Hayley, and I liked your music." She whispered, smiling a bit wider. Hannah grinned.
"Well, do you have a favorite song?" She nodded.
"Yeah. It's 1945. Jamie Grace did it." Hannah smiled, tuning her guitar, and she started playing it.

Looking at the radio,
Caught up in a dream
'Bout the days gone by,
When no one had a tv.
Hoping that the weatherman
Would say good things.
Like no rain on Friday for
The drive-in movie.

Little kids didn't have a care,
There was love growing up ev'rywhere,
And when I open my eyes,
And the dream stops playing,
You can still find me somewhere saying,

I should've been born in '45,
In '54 I would've been nine.
White shirt, poodle skirt, silk hair tie,
Dancing in the moonlight.
That would've been nice.

Boombox on my shoulder,
With my favourite tape,
I'm repping my eight tracks.
And my buckle-up skates.
How do I know about that?
You say, you say.

You wear bell-bottom jeans,
Get a double take
From all the guys and girls,
Who look your way.
Back then people didn't always agree,
But the love goin' round was revolutionary,
And, even though the world was crazy,
I still go where my dreams will take me, oh,

I should've been born in '65,
In '74 I would've been nine
Trying to get home after playin' outside,
Racing streetlights, racing streetlights,

I should've been born in '65,
I would've been a teenager round '79,
Teasing my hair so it looks just right
On a Saturday night, yeah,
That would've been nice.

Growing up I never really had a care.
There was love all the time and ev'rywhere.
And even though sometimes,
My world may get a little crazy,
I find myself being proud when I say, yeah.

Could've been born in '45,
But the truth is I got here right on time
I thank God for ev'ry day of my life.
It suits me just right, suits me just right.
And lovely 1991,
That's the year that I come from.
And I wouldn't wanna trade it for another time,
Yeah. I love this life.

I-i-i- I love this life. Oh I love this life, I love this life.
I love this life.

Author's note- Hello! Sorry this took so long! Anyhoo, if you have a song by a Christian artist that you would like me to put in here at some point, tell me in the comments. And I will not put Jordan Feliz, *cough* @messenger237. Love you guys! Please vote and comment!